C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:28 AM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol

I've been working on this DIY pump for a few weeks now and I finally got it working just the way I want it. I'm still waiting on another solenoid to enable a second stage nozzle, but the basics are there and I may not even need the second stage with the pressure this pump can make.

A few pictures can be seen here. I also have a video that I may post in the next few days.
http://photos.yahoo.com/silver2002c5/lst?&.dir=/alky+injection

I was previously having good results with an off the shelf
SMC kit, but I wanted to go more radical and setup something that could push large volumes and support methanol. I’m still using the SMC controller with this pump.

I got some good info from the guys on turbobuick.com and then innovated a little more on my own.

This thing is capable of 300psi to the nozzle (most setups make 90psi max). I hope to get it dialed in within the next week and then see what it will do at the track.

I also finally got the line lock installed (what a royal PITA that was).

[Modified by QuickSilver2002, 10:35 AM 9/8/2003]
Old 09-08-2003, 03:41 AM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol (QuickSilver2002)

Can someone define what a linelock is, what it does, how it works?

Thx!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:50 AM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol (MelloYellow)

Not to jack this thread, but Linelock enables you to apply the brakes to only the front wheels allowing the rear wheels to spin freely. This is ideal for drag racing, where it is necessary to heat the rear tires with a burn out.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:11 AM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 213 Likes on 129 Posts

Default Re: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol (QuickSilver2002)

Bummer -- the link asks for a password to see the pictures. But, in any event, congrats on your endeavor, as it sounds like quite a project. I hope it pays off with big dividends for you. :smash: :smash:
Old 09-08-2003, 11:27 AM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol (ICULUKN-C5)

Yep, the line lock is a really simple device. It’s nothing more than a solenoid that sits inline between the master cylinder and the front brakes. You simply push down on the brakes to create good pressure, and then flip on the solenoid to hold that pressure on just the fronts. It’s almost a necessity on an m6 car with a drag setup.

It should be one of the simplest mods possible, but finding the parts to install it properly on a newer ‘02+ c5 is a real pain. GM did us the pleasure of using a mix of oddball flare connectors on those lines. I ended up getting a custom line made from the original one on the master side, and then I had to get a 12mm adapter machined for the ABS box. It ended up being a 1 week project with all the issues. You also have to fabricate your own bracket since there is very limited room for mounting.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 AM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol (SteveL2)

Bummer -- the link asks for a password to see the pictures. But, in any event, congrats on your endeavor, as it sounds like quite a project. I hope it pays off with big dividends for you. :smash: :smash:
Try it now.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:55 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 213 Likes on 129 Posts

Try it now.
Looks great, and like a lot of thought on your part. Good luck with the results. :thumbs:
Old 09-08-2003, 01:00 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Thats C :cool: :cool: L, I suppose your mounting the solenoids in the airbridge. :cheers:
Old 09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details

Very :cool: !!! Can't wait to see the results. :cheers: :cheers:
Old 09-09-2003, 12:10 PM
dahoof
Burning Brakes

Looking good Britt! :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol

Quick Reply: I’m about to start drinking large quantities of alcohol