C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race video Free!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 09:04 PM
SuperZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race (hogurt)

In reality we really don't know who won. The video, was actually longer and included a incar cam. LPE didn't post it I believe because these things already take too long to download. It shows that I probably red lighted not Don. Which could explain part of the jump out of the hole. Also it would allow you to hear how long the tires were spinning in first gear.

I have no doubt that for a drag race application and intercooled ATI can beat a non intercooled Magnacharger. One of the most important features for me was a power adder with the lowest amount of continuing maintainence. I do not posses great mechanical skill, nor do I have the time to trouble shoot why the car is not making the power that it could.

I also believe that in a sprint race of 10 laps or more that a maganacharger will beat an ATI becasue I don't believe the configuration allows enough airflow to keep the engine temps down.

He who has the most power doens't always win the race. I believe that there are C5, T1, Z06 drivers that might be able to beat me on a road course becasue the power is had to get down to the pavement without the tubbed rear end and larger tires. It requires ( at least for me more finesess that I have ahd to exercise with other cars ) making my exit speeds lower out of corners and terminal speeds lower as a results.

But this is what the game is all about, picking your poision, and dancing with your passion. Mine is go fast and don't break...

I guess my last questions is do the tuners that install ATI's provide the same warranty that LPE and Maganacharger do?

[Modified by SuperZ, 3:50 AM 9/24/2003]
Old 09-22-2003, 10:55 PM
0opticZ06
Former Vendor

Default Re: LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race (SuperZ)

:leaving:
Old 09-24-2003, 01:12 AM
jak112460
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race (SuperZ)

I'm doing a Vortech supercharged 427 for my ZO6. I'll take that setup over the magnacharger any day. If you like the big hood and even bigger hood for the supposed intercooled C5 magnachrager unit then you should have it. Just my opinion. Prove me wrong.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 AM
SuperZ
Instructor

Default Re: LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race (jak112460)

Jak, that sounds like it will be a winner. I definitely like more Cubes. I actually like the hood very much, to me it looks more agressive and lets the car stand out without being too much. Just my personal opinion. From my understanding the intercooled version will still fit under the same hood. I have a functional ram air on the rear, it look pretty cool to see that SC infront of you shaking around when you are sitting in the passenger seat and petal to the metal... Also probably helps keep the engine compartment cool and creates less lift and high speeds..

Tod, I agree without the line lock you can see in my video that the tires never even draw enough heat to bring smoke, while the ATI car with a line lock is able to heat his tires quite nicely. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: LPE Magnacharger vs. ATI Procharger 1/4 mi race video Free!!