C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:35 AM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 210 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (vetterdstr)

:lol: good one!! :D

VR :cheers:
Thanks; I trust you know that I wasn't including in that group of "other FI owners" those FI folks that have been classy, honest, objective, and straightforward about their setup, having endured the ups and downs and been fair about the respective pros and cons, along with acknowledgments of how different setups suit different folks.

And, I trust you know in which group I feel IMHO you belong. :cheers:
Old 12-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Maverick
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (BigLew)

I love mine. Pros; great low end and bullet proof, cons different hood sucks and not very much you can do for the ever increasing need for HP/TQ. It is very streetable until the big peddle on the right is mashed hard. You can put it on yourself and get a good tune and then just drive it. :D :D
I must agree w/ you on this. So far all the hood for Magnacharger are ugly as hell.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:27 PM
jerhofer
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (Blue Flames)

I bought mine with 6000 miles on the car and about 1000 miles on the Magnacharger install. I have since put a little over 4000 miles on the car. Putting your foot into always makes for huge grins. To echo some of the above comments, it is totally transparent in normal driving and the mileage at cruising speeds is fantastic especially considering the power available.

I too have the emission check light come on. Someone mentioned resetting it. How do you do that?

Old 12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 210 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (jerhofer)

I too have the emission check light come on. Someone mentioned resetting it. How do you do that?
For what it's worth, my check engine light came on, but it ended up having nothing to do with the supercharger. It ended up being some diaphragm under the front left of the car that meters air into the valves that are next to the exhaust manifolds.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:59 PM
vettewreck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (SteveL2)

I just got mine put on about a month ago and its the first '04 magnacharged vette so far. I LOVE IT!!!! Dynoed at 426rwhp and 420rwtq. VERY streetable, no noise, no whistle (untill after 4500rpm) and all my 420 foot lbs come in at just 2500rpm!!!! Gonna upgrade to the intercooler as soon as its out!!! GET IT, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Re: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK (vettewreck)

Love it
488 RWHP 424RWTQ

Wondering if Switching to LG headers over my FLP's will help?

Thinking about stroking to 382 with with intercooler. Keep that reliablity add TQ

Quick Reply: MAGNACHARGER. WHO AS IT AND WHAT DO YOU THINK