Sponsored by:

Muffler shop in Buford GA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 PM
finnor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Muffler shop in Buford GA?

Hi all, after about a year of being Vetteless, I am back with a pewter 2001 with what seems like most of the goodies. I have a Bassani X-pipe and Corsa Pacecar I need to install. Any recommendations for a good muffler shop in Buford area?

Thanks,

--Tor
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think about any decent muffler shop could do the work, it's picking the car up that I'd worry about.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM
army2000
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I don't know much about Buford, but you did the right thing in buying a Corsa system. Pace car at that. Make them lift your car with an alignment rack. That way you're lifting it up by the wheels and not the rocker panels. Midus or Mieneke should be able to hook you up.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 PM
finnor
Burning Brakes

I had the touring on my 2000 FRC and the pace car with the bassani x on my 2003. Love being back in a Vette and getting all the great info from CF.com
Old 04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
army2000
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

welcome back, yea the pace car is the best.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:39 AM
jedicowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finnor,
I also live in Buford. Been here about 5 years. I drive (fast ) a T-red Coupe with N8S VET tag. Go to Peachstate Posse (or click link in my signature.) We have many extremely capable guys with lifts at ther homes that would gladly do the job for free. There is nothing to changing out the exhaust except getting it off the ground. The posse is a great bunch of guys and there are some real gearheads who love to turn wrenches. Go to the forum area.The word and introduce yourself. The welcome you get will keep you coming back. Tell them that jedicowboy pointed you that way. We've got a few guys in the Buford/Cumming/Duluth/Suwanee area. Let me know if you would like to go cruise sometime. -Nate
Old 04-05-2005, 09:01 AM
finnor
Burning Brakes

Hey Nate,

Thanks. If it was just the exhaust I think it would be fairly simple, it's the cutting for the x-pipe that will cause the headaches. I also want to lower the car, it seems simple. I figure I will start with the lowest it will go with the stock bolts and no cutting of the front bushings or replacing rear bolts and see how that turns out.

--Tor
Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 PM
jedicowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on a Corsa X pipe (cutting required) and GHLs without any issues at all. I also have lowered on stock bolts without cutting the bushings. Many folks in our group can help out with these simple projects. I say simple because we have fellas that put super chargers on their vettes, put headers on and we even have a few that do their own heads and cam work!

Not to mention that Tom Jumper Service and Atlanta Corvette are a few of our major sponsors. Great discounts available with these guys. I only take my vette to Tom Jumper for service. Bill Heard Buford service is a

You should join up. No dues and a lot of great vette people. Someone there will know of a good/trusted muffler shop if that is the route you decide to go.

Hope to see you around.-Nate

Get notified of new replies

To Muffler shop in Buford GA?

Quick Reply: Muffler shop in Buford GA?