Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Carlisle - Saw a Major Poser.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Went to Carlisle - Saw a Major Poser.....

Went to carlisle over the weekend with a few buddies and saw some really nice cars, also had the pleasure of seeing GB's and Iceburg's up close - really sweet in person.

So, i stopped by ECS's tent and chatted a bit with Chris and my buddies were in the next isle checking out the ZR1 section and there were also some pretty nice C5's in there....

My buddy pointed out a Z06 and said "That Z looks really good in that color" I immediatly started to laugh and said, that is not a Z, it is a FRC that someone put rims and brake ducts on. (as they never made a Z in Pewter)

So they started checking it out a little better and started arguing with me over it - The guy did do a good job of putting "most" z06 items on it, including all the screens and even the Seats, but i started to inspect it and told my buddies i could tell them the exact year of the car - they just started to laugh.... The car was all closed up, so i could not start looking at head markings, just the outside visuals...

So i did a walk around and first pointed out to them that the Cluster was NOT a Z06 cluster, and made my way around the pass side and saw there was a Key Hole. That was all i needed.

So, it was a 1999 Pewter FRC, and they entered it into the show as a 2002 Z06.

I am not really bashing that the guy that did all this work, but the fact that he is lying about the year of the car........... Unless someone sold it to him as a 2002 Z which i guess is possible for someone who does not know them that well.

Hmmm.... I just got an idea

Quick Reply: Went to Carlisle - Saw a Major Poser.....