Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambo Door Kits

Old 02-02-2006, 08:53 PM
sikkc5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lambo Door Kits

I'm looking to Install some lambo doors on my 99 c5 can anyone help with a company that makes a good kit... thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Z06-JIM
Race Director

Cruise-In VII Veteran

The two most popular here on the forum seem to be the kits made by Vertical Doors Inc. and GTF Diablo
I installed the Vertical Door Inc. kit a couple weeks ago and happy with it so far.
If you do a search you'll find a few threads, and some controversy, about the different kits.
Here's a couple links to some threads:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1243264
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...2&forum_id=103

Last edited by Z06-JIM; 02-02-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Paras
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many previous threads on this topic--if possible, a search will give you much info. Basically, from all the threads I've seen, people who have done the mod love the look but nobody has gotten the doors to function well (hinges are weak and the door doesn't shut right or it sometimes clangs against something metal if it isn't closed exactly right.... and the installation has almost always required cutting...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 PM
vertc51116
Burning Brakes

i agree on the 2 brands Z06 JIM mentioned. I happen to have the GTF Diablo kit. It is a pretty nice kit. Just BE CAREFUL on the install and make sure everything lines back up right. I wouldnt reccommend it for a Daily Driver. good luck
Doug
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
zoslick
Instructor

Originally Posted by vertc51116
i agree on the 2 brands Z06 JIM mentioned. I happen to have the GTF Diablo kit. It is a pretty nice kit. Just BE CAREFUL on the install and make sure everything lines back up right. I wouldnt reccommend it for a Daily Driver. good luck
Doug
OMG... can't believe there is another Doug on the forum that has vertical doors on his corvette.... lol... i recently got my vertical doors installed and other then needing to close the doors a little more carefully, everything else was alright. i have the Vertical Doors Inc. doors and when they say its pure bolt on and no drilling, shaving, cutting, blah blah blah is necessary, thats totally horse crap cos i had to shave the side of my doors as well, drill and relocate my windshield water reservoir, and CUT my fenders instead of 'rolling' them as they say on their site. make sure you find a reliable mechanic to do the installation. They say it took about 6 hours to do both doors... thats bull cos it took my mechanics over 3 months to do it... including shipping the kit, then me shipping the kit back to them cos they sent me a C5 kit instead of the C6 kit that a requested, then shipping the driver side hinge back to them cos it was a defect, then they had to reship the shock because they forgot to ship it the second time they reshipped my C6 kit... long story.

All in all, its a good investment if you like the style, it is practical in a way where if you park in a parking spot, you dont need to fret about hitting another car with your stock setup because the doors on the vette seem to swing out a lot. My final verdict, dont order from Vertical Doors Inc. cos they dont know what their doing. Customer service is HORRIBLE; their product i would rate 6 / 10; and price is unreasonable. (Paid $2100.00 US for the kit, and $700.00 for shipping and reshipping fees)
Old 02-05-2006, 01:12 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Paras
Many previous threads on this topic--if possible, a search will give you much info. Basically, from all the threads I've seen, people who have done the mod love the look but nobody has gotten the doors to function well (hinges are weak and the door doesn't shut right or it sometimes clangs against something metal if it isn't closed exactly right.... and the installation has almost always required cutting...
be careful!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A forum member who owns a silver Vert is happy with the quality of the GT factory kit. I can't remember his forum name but I'll check.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Antvette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the GT Factory kit. It'll go 90 degrees straight up and has two shocks per door to keep it steady.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
troy144
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-05-2006, 07:42 PM
wstory1
Race Director

Originally Posted by Antvette
Get the GT Factory kit. It'll go 90 degrees straight up and has two shocks per door to keep it steady.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
S76HeliPilot
Instructor

There is another good thread with pics of the Vertical doors kit running. He isnt very happy.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Z06-JIM
The two most popular here on the forum seem to be the kits made by Vertical Doors Inc. and GTF Diablo
I installed the Vertical Door Inc. kit a couple weeks ago and happy with it so far.
If you do a search you'll find a few threads, and some controversy, about the different kits.
Here's a couple links to some threads:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1243264
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...2&forum_id=103

Jim, I love your car so much I can't stand looking at it, because I want mine to look the exact same way!

Your car is one of the greatest looking vettes I have seen, hope to see it in person someday!

Get notified of new replies

To Lambo Door Kits

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lambo Door Kits