Sponsored by:

couldnt get my vette :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 PM
IronMedic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couldnt get my vette :(

well guys i tried and it didnt go through. i was unable to get a bank to sign off on my deal for a used 99 vette. they all say the same thing...too much disequity. kinda sucks but i guess i will just move on for now. i have a 2005 eddie bauer expedition that i really dont need to be driving anymore. im working on a payment plan to get the disequity paid off quick (or within a year). i cant buy it as a 2nd car cuz of my car payments. u guys know anyone who wants to help me with the disequity? LOL! if not, ill just work to pay it off and make something happen LOL!! my credit is in great shape and there is no problems with it. banks have no problem financing me but the disequity is too great. take care guys, just had to rant a bit

im probably just gonna bump my payments up to eat up the disequity quicker.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
5150time
Instructor

Sorry to hear about that.

Don't give up! Once you get one, you'll know why I said that.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Save it up and buy it outright, they're getting a lot cheaper these days, ecspecially the older ones.

It will happen, just keep trying. It did for me and I never thought I'd have one.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:15 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by IronMedic
im probably just gonna bump my payments up to eat up the disequity quicker.
Good idea. May I suggest that you go a little bit further? Buying any car with less than no money down is not the best way to get ahead in life. Take some time and look around our C5s for sale section. You might be surprised how much more car you could have bought for the $$ that you were talking about. I hope you find yourself in a C5 in the future.
And Thank You for your service.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:19 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Sorry for your problem!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
wstory1
Race Director

Keep working towards the Vette. It's worth the wait.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Humy
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did you give the dealer finance guy a shot - I was shocked when I got a better rate from the dealer finance dept than my bank
Old 03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,426 Likes on 14,042 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Be patient, it will happen.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:39 PM
IronMedic
Instructor

Originally Posted by Humy
did you give the dealer finance guy a shot - I was shocked when I got a better rate from the dealer finance dept than my bank

yup the dealer did some work and couldnt get it to work out. i always put money down in my disequity positions. the amount i wanted to put down wasnt enough. this just fuels me more to get a vette! if i work my negative off almost completely, im gonna go buy myself a Z06! i understand why you guys do the whole "once you get a vette, u wont go back!" deal. after driving one and seeing other vettes out there, it made me feel proud to be an american and owning an american dream car.
maybe ill get lucky and win at quinto! i play like once every 2 weeks. well im 26 and i have dreams so im gonna live them all out. "whatever it takes" is my motto in most situations!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
army2000
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Sorry to hear about the Vette. Do like the Army bubba's and go to Iraq/Afghanistan for a year. You'll have enough money to pay off your Eddie Bauer POS and buy a newer C5...Good luck "Wingnut"
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Hang in there - if its meant to be, it will be.

You can assist - keep saving, and keep the credit payments up to date.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

You should not be getting a loan for a 7 year old car; most banks stop at 5 years anyway. If you want a 99 Vette pay cash.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

I think you're doing the right thing and when the time is right we'll be here.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 PM
IronMedic
Instructor

well this is my game plan. im gonna go buy me a reliable car under $1000 and drive it for 1 year. im gonna sell my expedition on autotrader or locally on the base. im gonna take a loan out for the negative trade and make huge $$$ payments on it and include payments from a potential deployment to shorten the lifespan of the loan. when i mean huge payments, i mean HUGE. im not gonna throw in money values on here cuz i dont want to be slapped or laughed at. since i am air force, my deployments are only 4 months at a time. i could be silly and ask for an 8 month deployment if they let me. that should be enough to pay off the negative and have extra to live off of. maybe ill get lucky and my truck will be worth more on trade because it has "low mileage" down the stretch should i not be able to sell it.

once that is done, im gonna go vette hunting and start off fresh and make 24-36 month payments instead of the traditional 60-72 month and just pay the living $#@$@# off on it and just straight up own it. this is the measure of my resolve and this is how it will be. no more monkey business and im gonna make this work! if i do leave for a deployment, it will be this summer. if i make this work out, i could have a vette either for my birthday or xmas. my birthday is dec 14 and we all know when xmas is. either way, im getting what i want!

as always, i am open to any lottery winners who wouldnt mind chipping in a few bucks out of the kindness of their heart LOL!

Last edited by IronMedic; 03-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Tino
Melting Slicks

Keep at it and it will happen for you one day soon
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
DjCritterus
Team Owner

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by army2000
Sorry to hear about the Vette. Do like the Army bubba's and go to Iraq/Afghanistan for a year. You'll have enough money to pay off your Eddie Bauer POS and buy a newer C5...Good luck "Wingnut"
Mark, let my wife or mother hear you give that same advice to me and see if they jump at you through the computer screen with a hatchet!

Seriously... Iron medic, bide your time and save some cash. Save enough to pay outright for what you want or get a small loan and have leftover cash for some mad mods (trust the forum... you will want mod money). It worked for me and My wife. The two of us and our vette are extremely happy.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
C6 DVL
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08
Default I was asked to come and help you.

The trade you have, you are probably 7 to 8 thousand in negative equity.
The dealer can to the deal because on a 99 Vette the value is not high enough to roll the 7K from your trade in to the new loan. Banks will give upto 130% of NADA trade in value, so if the 99Vette is 14,000 in the book, 130% is only $18,200 and that is not going to cover your $7,000 you owe on the other car.

What to do?

1. Find a more expensive/higher value Vette. For example, A vette thats in NADA trade-in for 25,000 at 130% the bank will advance 32,500 for the car plus taxes and DMV Fees. That will get you out of the prev. loan, but your payments will be much higher plus, the minute you drive out, your vette loan will put you at least $11,000 in negative equity, unless you will keep the car for the duration of the loan and not care the value of it.

2. This version of how to depends of how bad you want it. If your credit is so so and youre not going to be going for a mortgage in the next 6 yrs and you want to give up your soul for the vette, this is what you do. Go pick out a vette that you want, go for 2002+ year. Sign for the car, Take it home and then call the bank that you have your was to be trade. Tell them you can't afford the payment and you would like to do a voluntary repo. Being that you have your new loan and will make all the payments on time, 5 yrs later, you will still be able to get a new loan probably at 14%. Bank look at your history, they will see a repo, but they will also see you make all your vette payments with out being late. Credit Card? you probably not get any for the next 18 months, then you will get offers ay 19%+. Mortgage? you will probably just pay a little bit more on the rate.

3. I can not tell you, and don't do it, Insurance companies and Fire Marshal are all well aware of the practice and the first thing they look for is how muich did you owe on the car.

If you owe more that 7 thousand on your trade than what it's worth, and you are not planning to buy a house or rely on credit in the next 5yrs, #2 is really not that bad of advice.

Spoiler

I'm a finance manager in a car dealership and I see this all the time

do it, your Vette is waiting for you

Get notified of new replies

To couldnt get my vette :(

Old 03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
devnull
Scientific Negotiator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,020 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'10, '14

Sorry to hear that bud.

Sounds like you have a good game plan set to make it happen though, and the car will mean that much more to you when you get it.

I know exactly how you feel, I wanted a vette since I was 7.

Good luck with it man, and keep us posted.

-Curry
Old 03-06-2006, 09:28 PM
troy144
Safety Car

Originally Posted by IronMedic
well this is my game plan. im gonna go buy me a reliable car under $1000 and drive it for 1 year. im gonna sell my expedition on autotrader or locally on the base. im gonna take a loan out for the negative trade and make huge $$$ payments on it and include payments from a potential deployment to shorten the lifespan of the loan. when i mean huge payments, i mean HUGE. im not gonna throw in money values on here cuz i dont want to be slapped or laughed at. since i am air force, my deployments are only 4 months at a time. i could be silly and ask for an 8 month deployment if they let me. that should be enough to pay off the negative and have extra to live off of. maybe ill get lucky and my truck will be worth more on trade because it has "low mileage" down the stretch should i not be able to sell it.

once that is done, im gonna go vette hunting and start off fresh and make 24-36 month payments instead of the traditional 60-72 month and just pay the living $#@$@# off on it and just straight up own it. this is the measure of my resolve and this is how it will be. no more monkey business and im gonna make this work! if i do leave for a deployment, it will be this summer. if i make this work out, i could have a vette either for my birthday or xmas. my birthday is dec 14 and we all know when xmas is. either way, im getting what i want!

as always, i am open to any lottery winners who wouldnt mind chipping in a few bucks out of the kindness of their heart LOL!
You have a great attitude and personality. Meet the right woman and maybe this will be easier. Are you already married...sorry I hate to tell you this but the easy money method goes to a few pretty women, not guys that want Corvettes. (I can't wait for the comments on this ) If you want the thing just work for it
Old 03-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Z16 #1669
Pro

[QUOTE=IronMedic]
once that is done, im gonna go vette hunting and start off fresh and make 24-36 month payments instead of the traditional 60-72 month

Boy...talk about *** backwards!!

Quick Reply: couldnt get my vette :(