Sponsored by:

Advise needed on memory seat function

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Advise needed on memory seat function

I have 98 coupe with power drivers and passenger seats. The dealer said the car had memory funtion on the seats, but I can't figure out how to work the memory function. From what I have found out it sets from your key fob, but my fob does not have the buttons. It may not be the original key fob. Any help would be great. It also may not have memory seat to start with??? The car is loaded with every option available so I would assume it has the memory seat function. They are sport seats also, if that matters.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
ja03c5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if the '98 does have it or not. If so, the main control would be on the drivers door. Have any pictures of your fob or car interior? That would help to be able to tell.

The fobs are programmed as Driver 1 and Driver 2, not a specific button on the fob.

Check your owners manual for more details...with I could help...but without pics I can't. It's simple to work if you do have it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
MilleniumVette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The fob just tells the car which of the three memory settings to automatically adjust to. Your car has numbers for one and two. Three is selected by hitting both the number one and number two buttons located on your driver's door.

With the key in the off position, adjust your settings where you want them and hold down the number one button. This will be saved for driver number one in the memory. Then, program your fob by referring to your owner's manual.

Hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Advise needed on memory seat function

Quick Reply: Advise needed on memory seat function