Sponsored by:

Parking the Vett, are you scared?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Natsvette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackwithyellowta
extremely, never know what some jealous f--- might do, i have had something happen so many times

It must be something in our area...seems like everytime I go to FT Worth, people just can't keep their hands OFF! The last time it cost me over $400.00 for repairs to the hood because some A$$ pulled my windshield wipers up in the air and broke about an inch of the fiberglass!!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
b98
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Jimmy
Not at all....if I were "afraid" I wouldn't have it, not worth the anxiety
Old 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
sgtzim
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Natsvette

It must be something in our area...seems like everytime I go to FT Worth, people just can't keep their hands OFF! The last time it cost me over $400.00 for repairs to the hood because some A$$ pulled my windshield wipers up in the air and broke about an inch of the fiberglass!!
That's funny -- I used to work in Fort Worth and my Vette is a daily driver -- I have never had anything done to it...
Old 10-27-2006, 02:14 PM
TroutFisher
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you hide it from the aliens? They love Vettes......
They will suck it right out of your garage, so dont bother over worrying it and being parinod. If they want it, doesent matter what you do....
Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
jarsdad1
Drifting

I try to park next to the spot where there is a light pole (close to the line). The light pole spots are smaller and except for xmas, people tend to avoid them
Old 10-27-2006, 04:55 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13

I do most of my running around early in morning, that helps avoid crowded lots and mishaps.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by TroutFisher
How do you hide it from the aliens? They love Vettes......
They will suck it right out of your garage, so dont bother over worrying it and being parinod. If they want it, doesent matter what you do....
I did not know that...but I do know that the C6's have an automatic alien zapper...so they don't have a problem with bastich aliens f'n with their vettes
Old 10-27-2006, 07:08 PM
C5Jimmy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bioman
Exactly...it's a car....a nice one...but just a car!
AMEN!

I drive it on and off to/from work. I'll drive it in the rain, to go to the store, run errands, etc I drive it ALL winter (I'm in NJ)

I park it wherever I want, and I don't worry about it. I park it in my driveway at home ( I don't have a garage)

Ive had it close to year, and I've yet to wax it, or wash it myself. (I always go to the car wash near my house- brush less of course!)

BUT it is maintained extremely well, and runs like a top, and I sure do love it!!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by larryzonka
I always suffer from public parking anxiety. I have millions of things that go through my head while it sits there alone, even like when it is way out in the back of the parking lot underneath a parking light. And of course, every once in awhile, you get one hooptie that wants to park next to your double parked car just out of spite.
IMHO double parking invites the vandals and attracts attention. Not for me.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I drove mine as a DD for less than a month. Drove me nuts. I bought a new truck ahead of schedule.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by CHASLS2
Just wondered how many of you are flat out scared to death parking the Vette and leaving it? This could be at a mall, or anywhere.

I know i'm scared!

Chas
What are you scared of???????????
Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Blue Lion
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 204 Likes on 124 Posts

I try to find a spot against a curb or spot where only 1 car parks next to me. Or I find a nice car to park next to.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:55 PM
enginerd
Intermediate

there are a few nice malls around and i always valet it because they only move it 20 ft and leave it right in front of the mall...i come out the main entrance of the mall and walk 10 seconds to my car that is parked in a special place where no one can easily access it or even park beside it....for only $2

if im parking its usually in a parallel park type of space or if i cannot find one then i usually park at the end and hug the line so there is no way the car next to me can hit the Z...plus i only have one side to worry about.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Glennm27
What are you scared of???????????

I'm scared my black baby may get hurt! But like some have said it's just a car, and i will use it as a DD.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:37 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

I still "shop" for the best parking spaces where no one will hit it by accident. It is not getting stolen I think about, it is the people that go out of their way just to vandalize a car. If someone is going to do that, there is nothing you can do about it unless you never drive anywhere.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 AM
silverbullit99
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Parking is always an issue when I go somewhere. If I know parking will be tough I'll take my other car... There is no way I would hand over my keys to a car jockey,, no matter what car I have. I take my C5 to work at times,,, park it indoors,, check out this great spot. There are many spots between the pillars and I get in early enough to get first pick,,
Old 10-28-2006, 02:09 AM
sooz
Pro

Had my last c5 keyed in a parking lot. I still drive this one and enjoy it. That's why I have insurance. I waited too many years not to drive it...even in the RAIN.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking the Vett, are you scared?

Old 10-28-2006, 10:54 AM
SPIVET
Race Director

Originally Posted by silverbullit99
Parking is always an issue when I go somewhere. If I know parking will be tough I'll take my other car... There is no way I would hand over my keys to a car jockey,, no matter what car I have. I take my C5 to work at times,,, park it indoors,, check out this great spot. There are many spots between the pillars and I get in early enough to get first pick,,
Early is an understatement...there's not another car in sight!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Bounty Hunter 6
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CHASLS2
Just wondered how many of you are flat out scared to death parking the Vette and leaving it? This could be at a mall, or anywhere.

I know i'm scared!

Chas
Nope. Good insurance puts my mind at ease. That and knowing I'm keeping this car, and it is never going to APPRECIATE in value anyway! You're out to enjoy your car, quit worrying so much.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
If you haven't had any damage to your Vette, like being keyed or had a vert top cut open or other damage then "you" just don't undersatand.(I have had other Vettes vandalized before) Its sorta like...if you never had cancer you don't really know what its like. Lots of people who haven't had it usually say,"I would be able to deal with it"...I'd rather it get stolen than vandalized. Matching paint is difficult. When they work on your car to repair damage, lots of times they F up something else. I guess when my C5 gets worn and older I won't worry as much. Its pristine right now and that might be the reason I run scared of jealous bastiches...(I still enjoy it exrtemely even though I worry about where to park it). I'm not the "tough guy" when it comes to talking about how I'm not scared to park my Vette anywhere anytime

P.S...if it were "just a car", then I wouldn't worry about it...its a VETTE

Great post.

I remember a thread a few years back. Someone went to Wal-mart, and parked all the way out by the street. In other words away from everyone by a good distance. Came back out, his car had been keyed front to back on both sides. Being keyed is the worst. Stolen I almost understand, they are stealing. They want to sell it for parts or something. Keying is just uncalled for, and unexplainable, whats the point just to mess with someone you never meet?????? Forget matching that kind of damage. It would be easier to repair a fender bender.

Quick Reply: Parking the Vett, are you scared?