Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I be pissed or get over it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, this is MTI racing in Marietta, Ga. I called them back this morning to "diplomatically" see what they were willing to do for me and am waiting for a call back this afternoon.

In hindsight I ordered a Honker from them too, and while nothing was wrong with that product the customer service experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Two weeks after I ordered I still didn't have the Honker and after calling found out that they hadn't even shipped yet! There was a supply issue from the manufacturer (which everybody knew about at the time) but somehow magically a Honker appeared the day that I called to complain.

It's unfortunate that their customer service is lacking so badly, especially if it's purely due to a staffing issue like they say. I like to support smaller businesses, but if this is the kind of customer service they offer I won't be purchasing anything else from them. This looks like a case of a good mechanical/performance shop that decided to get into the internet retail sales game and just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with demand...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
cenzo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh, you may want to contact Forum Member gorillavet about your problem as he seems to have a special relationship with MTI Racing. I'm betting he can get this resolved for you.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Wow MTI ..... Thanks for the heads up about them. I think that I would have called them as soon as I got it in a figured out it was damaged. I for one will not be spending my money with 'em

Good luck getting it fixed to your satisfaction.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
mechryn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've talked to these guy several times as I am local. They honestly try to get deeper in your wallet than even the dealer. Oh, and the customer service is the worst. The guy they have answering the phone doesnt know the price for anything. He always has to call you back after he goes and asks someone else what the price is.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Wow MTI ..... Thanks for the heads up about them. I think that I would have called them as soon as I got it in a figured out it was damaged. I for one will not be spending my money with 'em

Good luck getting it fixed to your satisfaction.
You're located here in Houston. Be careful about which MTI you're thinking of.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cenzo
Josh, you may want to contact Forum Member gorillavet about your problem as he seems to have a special relationship with MTI Racing. I'm betting he can get this resolved for you.
I'll see what (if anything) they offer me when they call back. If that doesn't get me anywhere I will try alternative methods of persuasion like gorillavet, thanks for the lead!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you should be disappointed at the very least, and pissed is understandable. Now that it's all out in public, MTI has the pressure and opportunity to get in touch with you and make things right. And if they don't, well, this thread can be your therapy and MTI can "enjoy" all this negative publicity.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:05 AM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rcs128
Well, you should be disappointed at the very least, and pissed is understandable. Now that it's all out in public, MTI has the pressure and opportunity to get in touch with you and make things right. And if they don't, well, this thread can be your therapy and MTI can "enjoy" all this negative publicity.
Yeah, if they have anybody watching the forum they will catch this thread and hopefully take care of me. I didn't get a call back today and it really it could go either way at this point. They can blow me off and I am out $50 for the core and have a shifter with a ripped boot - then I get on here and bitch like there is no tomorrow. Or alternatively (and what I am hoping for) they can take care of me and I come back letting everybody know that they actually do care about the customer - or at least they care about keeping the negative publicity to a minimum.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
In hindsight, probably should have sent theirs back for replacement. Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction and get your core charge back.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:54 AM
FRC FNG
Intermediate

I would have done exactly what you did. Someone said you should have stopped when you saw that their boot was ripped, well maybe, but who wants to wait all that time all over again. You had a viable solution concieved but as ussual Murphy's Law stepped in when the old boot ripped . It certainly sounds like you have cause to be "pissed" at the vendor for giving you the run around and a defective product, but don't be mad at yourself for trying to finish the installation, if it had worked you'd be a happy camper right now. Like I said I would have done the same thing.

Someone asked if the vendor is still associated with this forum. I'm very new here and have been trying to learn the rules of the forum while I learn about my new car (new to me). One sticky I read made statements about the greatness of this country siteing freedom of speach specifically and then went on to say that it was against the rules to say anything negative about vendors associated with this site. If this is true then you wouldn't have been allowed to relate this story to us, thus allowing more of us to be victims of this particular vendor, had they been currenty associated with the forum. I understand that vendors support this outstanding forum, but should that mean that they are buying the right to our enforced silence after they sell us crappy products? If I have this all wrong someone please correct me. And if I'm asked to leave the forum for bringing this up oh well. But if this is really the way it works here I think it's . This is too great of a place to be so compromised.

I'm very sorry to hear about your shifter-nothing spells depression like a new toy that comes out of the box broken. Best of luck with it all.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM
bryanZ06
Safety Car

Any news?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bryanZ06
Any news?
Nope, I decided to give them a couple days to call back - and what do you know they never did! Tomorrow I will call them and ask WTF...
Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 PM
bryanZ06
Safety Car

Keep us posted.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:03 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

Originally Posted by jbauch357
Nope, I decided to give them a couple days to call back - and what do you know they never did! Tomorrow I will call them and ask WTF...
I want this to be as public as possible. I do not work for MTI Racing but I am a good and I guess loyal customer. I hate to see folks get slammed without the ability to speak. I am not taking sides but I promise you I will call Reese ***(owner) RIGHT NOW and ask him to respond. I have found him to be strongly dedicated to customer service and great on follow up. I know they are very busy but that is no excuse for less than the best customer service. As for some of the other comments particularly from local Atlanta folks, take that with a grain of salt as that is a very few individuals lurking around here just looking for an oportunity to slam certain vendors. The majority of these folks have actually never even used MTI Racing.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
seering
Racer

Ive read a few of these type of posts and im really questioning if i want to risk spending $600 on a tune, and something going wrong and getting this kind of treatment.

Im watching it closely to see how it turns out for you.

Gluck.

Last edited by seering; 11-09-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:51 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

I just got off the phone with Reese ***, owner of MTI Racing. Josh, he informed me he will call you personally this evening.If you are not sure if he has your phone number you can PM me and I will pass along. I will let him comment openly about this issue; however he seemed to be willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer. I am not making excuses for him or his business but I can tell you they are very very busy with in house customer cars and having lost his person that takes care of all calls has really hurt his communication.
I have first hand experience with Reese and I have found him to be good to his word.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 PM
wallemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
In hindsight, probably should have sent theirs back for replacement. Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction and get your core charge back.
though I probably would have done the exact same thing in the interest of saving time and finishing the project. Good luck. Sounds like the right people have been contacted.

Get notified of new replies

To should I be pissed or get over it?

Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 PM
wallemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gorillavet
I just got off the phone with Reese ***, owner of MTI Racing. Josh, he informed me he will call you personally this evening.If you are not sure if he has your phone number you can PM me and I will pass along. I will let him comment openly about this issue; however he seemed to be willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer. I am not making excuses for him or his business but I can tell you they are very very busy with in house customer cars and having lost his person that takes care of all calls has really hurt his communication.
I have first hand experience with Reese and I have found him to be good to his word.
Once again it is proven..."it's not what you know but who you know". No matter what the situation, finally getting ahold of the right people will usually solve the problem.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM
...Mark...
Race Director

Originally Posted by wallemon
Once again it is proven..."it's not what you know but who you know". No matter what the situation, finally getting ahold of the right people will usually solve the problem.
So what your saying is if you have a problem w/ a company and the service you are recieving its no big deal that you should have to bypass all of his employee's (who have not called him back after they said they would) and have someone who spent a sheit load of money w/ said company have to call in a favor to the owner in order to get your problem resolved??You should not have to go to the top of the food chain to get an issue like this resolved. If anything just refund the core, so that you don't have the negative publicity.

Now in all fairness, news on the internet does travel very quickly and i would give him a little time to get back to you. But like i said earlier. Somthing this trivial should not have to go to the all the way to the top to have resolved.

Last edited by ...Mark...; 11-09-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mark08
So what your saying is if you have a problem w/ a company and the service you are recieving its no big deal that you should have to bypass all of his employee's (who have not called him back after they said they would) and have someone who spent a sheit load of money w/ said company have to call in a favor to the owner in order to get your problem resolved??
First of all, I did not call in a favor and since you were not privy to the conversation nor have any idea how much money I have spent, perhaps you should not comment (stfu). I simply made him aware of the situation since neither he nor his employees sit around during the day scanning the forum for comments. I just wanted to give him the opportunity to address the situation. I would hope folks would not pass judgement until both sides have been heard.

Quick Reply: should I be pissed or get over it?