Sponsored by:

Well????? what cha think???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:08 AM
C5XTASY
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyvette1
I just used what most others did, I sprayed the liner with some black paint that is used for grills (flat black), then I used some colored paints from the craft dept at Walmart, most everybody else used Testers paint, but the paint I bought seemed to work pretty good

Did the black grill paint seal the liner? Just curious as I have drilled foglight shrouds and get quite a bit of dirt/dust on my liner. i clean the negine bay religiously, but the liner looks a little tough now. If it did seal it, that sure would make it easier to clean and keep it nicer looking as far as pilling, etc. Also, once you sprayed the liner with the black, did that pretty much keep the colored paint from soaking in? Thanks!
Ed
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Really nice job !
Old 11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
chevyvette1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

Did the black grill paint seal the liner? Just curious as I have drilled foglight shrouds and get quite a bit of dirt/dust on my liner. i clean the negine bay religiously, but the liner looks a little tough now. If it did seal it, that sure would make it easier to clean and keep it nicer looking as far as pilling, etc. Also, once you sprayed the liner with the black, did that pretty much keep the colored paint from soaking in? Thanks!
Ed

I did the same thing as you (drill fog lights) before I put the Vararam CAI, and I know exactly what you mean,It gets filthy, I think that was why my "before" pics looked so bad, I dont know if it "seals" it with the black paint, Im sure the dirt and dust will still stick to it.I went heavy on the black paint where I was going to use color and Im sure it help it from soaking in, but it didnt eliminate it.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 PM
CVG323
Race Director

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOhhSixx
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
chevyvette1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 348 Likes on 163 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you noticed any paint rubbing off in the engine compartment? Looks good but my wife wondered about the paint and the heat.(she is the practical one in the family)

Nope, I just went and looked

Quick Reply: Well????? what cha think???