Sponsored by:

Never go to Jiffy Lube!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Junkman2008
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
what's the big fuss...i go to jiffy lube all the time.

right after i change my own oil, i take the used oil to jiffy lube and dump it there. no charge
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM
RedRckC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took my typhoon for an oil change and was told that i need to have my air fiter changed ...i guess they cannot read english because my filter box has a big red sticker that says K/N permanent air filter, do not change!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
waunavet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
You forgot to mark the invention of the wheel. That's what started all this trouble.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 AM
schmaltzr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't do my own oil changes on the 'vette, but I do take it to a dealer I have a good relationship with. They've gone to bat for me with getting GM to pay for repairs past the warranty and have saved me several thousand dollars. Now I know a few crooked dealers that are in the Toyota cars, that I caught cheating me. I guess I've been lucky so far. By the way, I had a friend take his truck to Q-lube (Quaker State) and they stripped out his transfer case plug, put dents in the aluminum around the plug with a HAMMER no less and then said it wasn't them. After a lot of arguing they agreed to bore out the hole and put an oversized plug back in, but because the oil change was less than $50 my friend couldn't back out the charge for the bogus service. That added insult to injury. By the way, if you have your oil pan damaged, expect to pay around $900 for the part and about the same for the labor If I remember right. I had it replaced about 3 years ago from a mechanic that took off the pan to fix an oil leak under warranty and used a sharp scraper to take off the old gasket. He scored the pans machined surface and the pan had to be replaced. Treat that pan like it was gold if you do your oil changes yourself.

Quick Reply: Never go to Jiffy Lube!!!!!!