Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to Savannah, need some info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
jgorss
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Moving to Savannah, need some info.

I will be moving to Savannah in about a month and need some info about the area. I will be working near the historic district and need to get some idea of the commute time from some of the areas my wife is look at for a new home. She is looking in the Richmond Hill and Rincon areas. I would like to keep the commute under 30 minuets any recommendations for areas to look.

Thanks
Jerry
Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
GrayC5
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you haven't already, you may want to check with the folks over in the Southeast regional section of the Forum. Some who visit that section, especially the other generation owners, may seldom make it here to C5 General.

Good luck with the move!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:49 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jgorss
I will be moving to Savannah in about a month and need some info about the area. I will be working near the historic district and need to get some idea of the commute time from some of the areas my wife is look at for a new home. She is looking in the Richmond Hill and Rincon areas. I would like to keep the commute under 30 minuets any recommendations for areas to look.

Thanks
Jerry
Want some advice about Savannah?

Bring LOTS of bug spray. Avon "Skin-so-soft" works great.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:33 AM
jgorss
Racer

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
Want some advice about Savannah?

Bring LOTS of bug spray. Avon "Skin-so-soft" works great.
I know what you mean, I live in Florida. We have mosquitoes so big we hunt them with shotguns.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Live on Tybee Island

About 14.2 miles from historic Savanah, and less than 30 minutes. Unless it's tourist season

Actually it's one of my favorite city's
Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Halfway
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

wow...I'm so jealous. I worked there for a few months. Gorgeous! The only negative is that it is dreadfully hot.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
pdgourno
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Savannah move

My sister, Peggy, is a real estate agent in Savannah and can be reached at 912-484-0500. She mainly sells homes on Skidaway Island but she knows all Savannah very well.

Good luck with the move.

David in Glendale AZ
Old 08-11-2007, 09:57 AM
TomG3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Savannah

Jerry,
You have a PM!
Regards,
Tom
Old 08-11-2007, 10:04 AM
hardtop
Burning Brakes

Savannah is the only place I have lived that I needed bug spray all year long Even Puerto Rico had less insect populations.

I live in Midway. Home is 37 miles from my office and it takes 37 minutes to get there. Only 3 lights and they all favor my side.

I first moved to the Islands in a subdivision called Battery Point. It was 10 miles or so from work, and it would take nearly 25-30 min's to get there due to traffic.

My 1st choice would be to live in Richmond Hill. But, I have a bigger home and a large lot in a quite neighborhood in Midway though. My wife actually built this home just before I met her, for $140,000 3 years ago. It has a master suite, 3 large bedrooms, an office, and a 20X15 bonus room that I turned into a suite for my live in nanny.
Yes, I said live in Nanny I could afford the Nanny for my three kids since the cost of living is so much lower in midway.
Had I bought in Richmond Hill, this house would have cost nearly 300,000. And, taxes are ALOT lower in Midway.
I wouldn't even consider Rincon. The drive is horrible and the cops are thick throughout the commute.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot!! Some places charge for fire department protection. When I lived in Battery Point, I had to pay for a subscription to SS FD. If you don't pay, then they will not put the fire out in your house.

I have sponsored people during transfers before, so maybe I could help you out a little.
send me a PM and we can talk.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 AM
navy99vert
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Rincon is about 20-30 miles but the "rush" hour traffic is stop a go the hole way. at least a hour getting home. I have a house for sale in Garden City and it's about 10 min from downtown . If you find a house you are interested in PM it to me and I will let you know how good or bad it is
Joseph
Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
jgorss
Racer

Thanks for the info everyone, I will be going to Savannah for my first visit in about a month. I will probably send out a few PM's when I get back with questions.

Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Savannah, need some info.

Quick Reply: Moving to Savannah, need some info.