\\HELP// Car hit today in the 757

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans97
This is what I'll do. . Can't do a Tigershark in the front because my driveway that leads to the garage is to steep for that. I'm going to take it to the State Farm adjuster at the local GM dealer and also have them do the repair as well. I have a big scratch on the hood from when the past owner had a bad experience on the highway. That way the dealership will find as many things wrong with the car and get the insurance company to approve of it also.

What do you guys think ?

Dan
Carefull Dan if the hood was not damaged by this accident and you try to claim it did you are teetering on fraud
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Dans97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyL32
Carefull Dan if the hood was not damaged by this accident and you try to claim it did you are teetering on fraud
I understand that. . . I wasn't going claim that as part of the accident but hopefully the dealership would . . so they could get more money from the insurance claim. I will only claim what the pics suggest.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:06 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans97
Wow. . Then that is definitely the course of action I'll take. Go to the drive in Insurance Adjuster at the GM Dealership and have them get a quote. Then figure out a good place to get the repairs done.

Thanks for All the Help and Replies

Dan
One more thing to add to my previous post. The reason that State Farm said it would cost $1200 to fix my vette was because they were unsure that the shop would have to blend surrounding panels and the shop I was choosing would not do the repairs without blending. Make sure that the shop that you choose is a competent one. You might want to start a thread in the forum for your region to check for good shops. Luckily, being that my dad had a vette before me, I already knew of a Corvette specialty shop that does EVERYTHING to Corvettes.

Again, good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Junkman2008
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishJoker
YOU can call it whatever you want - give your agent a call and ask him about NEW OEM parts on a 9 year old car!!! Come on get real - you got lucky, he may as well - sometimes you can yell and scream and get your way IF the car is LOW mileage, only driven infrequently and looks it to the adjuster when he examines the car for wear and tear.
That's funny.

A Ford F-150 side swiped my passenger side of the car and got a piece of the front bumper to the point that it cracked. I contacted the Ford driver's insurance company (Shelter), and they agreed to repair everything with no questions asked. The repair shop thought that they could fix the crack in the bumper (it was very small), but it returned when they put the car back together. So, the insurance company decided to buy me a new front bumper. I intervened, and put up the difference for a Tiger Shark.

I have never contacted my insurance company when involved in an accident because it has never (knock on wood) been my fault. I always receive a free rental car and they have always guarenteed the repairs if I take it to one of their approved shops, which I always do.

As far as my insurance company thinks, I have never, ever been in an accident. My Tiger Shark knows differently!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

It's time for a Tiger shark!
Had tyhe same thing happen to my rear. The a$$wipe just left. $799 out of pocket.
Lucky the guy was honest.

Good luck on the repairs.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Dans97
Racer

Trust me I would love to get a Tigershark but my driveway will not let me. . here's a photo

Last edited by Dans97; 10-24-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
MagneticRed1977
Racer

Before you go to their recommended dealership or drive thru get yourself estimates from two good body shops and have them with you to make sure things match up. I did that with state farm and they agreed with the estimate I provided. Also money for rental car.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
ZZ4Vetteguy
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I know this will get me flamed, but there is where it helps to have a good relationship with the service department and body shop at a local dealership.

I put a lot of $$$ into my 85 C4 (bigger engine, ZR1 wheels, exhaust, aftermarket hood, upgraded body, etc)

ANYWHO, when I was hit, since it was an 85 the insurance company wanted to total it (due to repair costs), but the dealership went to bat for me, and got them to pay for the repairs.

Also, make sure they pay for a rental car for you while the Vette is in the shop. And don't let them take you for a ride on that either. They tried to put me into a Neon...I called the insurance company there at the counter and told them I wanted something comprible (sp) to my car...I go a fully loaded 1500 series 4x4 Silverado extended cab.

good luck
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
IrishJoker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97C5driver
i don't think the dealer deals with used parts. they will quote maximum price!!!!! which means a NEW bumper and whatever other new parts they think they can squeeze out of the insurance co. because they think they will be doing the repair work. and the insurance company will say " No problem".

then you take your money and do what you want.

I have had seen this happen on numerous occasions. And another point, when i damaged all my right side suspension, the insurance co. sure as hell didnt request used suspension parts, or used brake parts, or 2 used wheels, nor did they depreciate value on these things. only on brake pads and tires.
I wasn't even gonna respond to some of this - but use your head ..... Body panels are what we are mostly talking about. Anybody in there right mind would not even suggest using used "suspension parts" or Used Brakes - those are Safety issue items - which could lead to a law suit.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Dans97
Racer

Originally Posted by MagneticRed1977
Before you go to their recommended dealership or drive thru get yourself estimates from two good body shops and have them with you to make sure things match up. I did that with state farm and they agreed with the estimate I provided. Also money for rental car.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't planning on doing that but tomorrow I have now three different places I'll take it to for estimates.

Dan

Quick Reply: \\HELP// Car hit today in the 757