Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Bullet Exhaust Demo

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
AFBombdude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The popping sound will be there until you get an X-pipe. The drone is horrible with bullets. I even tried to put down some sound absorbing matting in the trunk area, didn't work. Get use to the resonance or get the B&B PRT's like I finally did. MUCH better now and it still sounds wicked at WOT!!

My .02
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
Question on this setup now.

When on the throttle really hard, if I let off abruptly there is a sharp pop as the air is expelled from the pipes. Then of course it does its normal deceleration burbling noise.

Is this something I should be worried about? You can hear it in my videos when I rev it up high and then release the gas.

I've never heard this on any other videos I watched before buying this setup.

Also, I'm curious what everyone thinks of the interior resonance in the 2200-2600rpm range with these pipes. The bass tone you get at that range makes the drone absolutely insane. I can avoid it easy enough since I can just relearn where I shift when cruising around. But man...it's crazy how loud the bass tone is and how bad the drone with these pipes really vibrates everything in the interior if you hold it at those RPM's. You guys have the same thing going on? I just need to know to put myself at ease, I can deal with it no problem.
If you don't care for the sound, I would put the X-pipe on immediately and not wait for the Long Tube setup. There is no harm in the popping sound (only to your ears).
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Z06-JIM
Race Director

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Sounds great... ... love those Bullets...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
Question on this setup now.

When on the throttle really hard, if I let off abruptly there is a sharp pop as the air is expelled from the pipes. Then of course it does its normal deceleration burbling noise.

Is this something I should be worried about? You can hear it in my videos when I rev it up high and then release the gas.

I've never heard this on any other videos I watched before buying this setup.

Also, I'm curious what everyone thinks of the interior resonance in the 2200-2600rpm range with these pipes. The bass tone you get at that range makes the drone absolutely insane. I can avoid it easy enough since I can just relearn where I shift when cruising around. But man...it's crazy how loud the bass tone is and how bad the drone with these pipes really vibrates everything in the interior if you hold it at those RPM's. You guys have the same thing going on? I just need to know to put myself at ease, I can deal with it no problem.
As I already stated above, get a carpeted trunk partition. It helped a lot.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
superstreet
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Dave98
Gota love the B&Bs!!!

Man, I can't wait until I get mine out of storage. Winter sucks!!!
LMAO! Ours is in storage too with the B & B exhaust sitting in the corner of the garage still in the box.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
FINNZO6
Instructor

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them from and how much did you pay for them? (the cheapest I have found is $661 for the duals and 760 for the quads) Because I'm thinking about getting either the Bullets or Borla Stingers. Thanks! Sounds great!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Mrdrnac
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bvette2000
If you don't care for the sound, I would put the X-pipe on immediately and not wait for the Long Tube setup. There is no harm in the popping sound (only to your ears).
I have the Bullets with an Xpipe and no popping! Love them.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
superstreet
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by FINNZO6
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them from and how much did you pay for them? (the cheapest I have found is $661 for the duals and 760 for the quads) Because I'm thinking about getting either the Bullets or Borla Stingers. Thanks! Sounds great!

I bought ours from Tony at MPH Motorsports.

http://www.mphparts.com/mm5/merchant...Category_Code=
Old 01-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by AFBombdude
The popping sound will be there until you get an X-pipe. The drone is horrible with bullets. I even tried to put down some sound absorbing matting in the trunk area, didn't work. Get use to the resonance or get the B&B PRT's like I finally did. MUCH better now and it still sounds wicked at WOT!!

My .02
I will definitely get use to it. My 02 Mustang GT with Loudmouth 1 exhaust wasn't quite THIS bad with drone, but it was pretty bad. I can handle it.

I don't mind it at all, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing that could be wrong with it. I still haven't found ANY exhaust clips that do it, but if that's normal...

I'm going to wait on the Xpipe until I purchase the Longtubes to go with it. I'm in no big hurry.

As I already stated above, get a carpeted trunk partition. It helped a lot.
I'm probably going to get a partition, just because I like how it looks and I'm sure it will have "some" effect on the noise resonating in the interior. BUT, I'm not convinced will actually do much good for the drone. Lots of people say it works, just as many say it doesn't. One way to find out I suppose!

Paid $420 for them including shipping. Bought them on Ebay directly from B&B Performance. They were selling 3 sets of takeoffs from cars they were doing some testing on. Sent them an email and they said it came with instructions, gaskets, mounting hardware, and the pipes were in near new condition and they refinished the tips. What they said is exactly what I got. I got the pipes in and they look 99% new. They are practically MINT, and I payed half price. I'm one of the ones who think the exhaust prices for this car are absolutely outrageous, and wouldn't pay what they were asking. I was going to get it anyway, eventually since obviously there is no choice. But I found a fantastic deal straight from B&B.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 01-30-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:06 AM
TruUndrtkr
Race Director

Old 01-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Nice and loud
Old 02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Vette Dog
Racer

So an X-Pipe will cure the gurgling?? Which X pipe is best? The x-pipe doesn't have cats right? I have the loud B&B and love it except for the gurgling.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
c5_alive
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08

Love my bullets!!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:08 PM
tommybilt
Racer

I had BB bullets. Excellent write up. I switched to Borla Stingers because of the drone. But I miss the way those things sound at start up. Everytime I started that girl up at the fuel pumps heads turned
Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM
happa
Safety Car

Sweet! Love my bullets too. The drone is bad, with my Long Tubes and x-pipe with out cats is VERY LOUD! Kinda sucks when the phone rings or the passenger is trying to talk
Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
CTSV OWNER
Burning Brakes

I will put my Bullets on in the spring. Till then I'll be quiet.

Dave
Old 02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
jserio
O.C.
Support Corvetteforum!

I love hitting that 2200 to 2600 going under a bridge or a tunnel . Then stepping on it is wicked. My wife can not understand how the loudness doesn't bother me. I told her she does not understand because she is not working the throttle. B&B's rock on.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Bullet Exhaust Demo

Old 02-10-2008, 01:12 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't expect people to understand how good the Bullets are at full throttle or at idle. Most posts don't know the difference between rasp or drone anyway. The more people I can convince not to buy them, the better nowadays.

Side note: The X-pipe is great for straightening out the B&B's Bullets and producing a pure evil sound. The only bad thing I can say about Magnaflow's X-pipe (and other muffler/X-pipe manufactures) is that the U-bolt you get should be thrown in the bush. Poor seal, rust issues and hangs way too low. My advice is to upgrade to a stainless steel muffler clamp or weld.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 AM
happa
Safety Car

Here my Bullets with a G5X4 cam
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Vette Dog
Racer

which x pipes are the best to use to cure the popping sound and do they come with cats?

Quick Reply: B&B Bullet Exhaust Demo