Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Any experience with Pfadt Competition Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 AM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with Pfadt Competition Sway Bars?

How street-usable are these adjustable bars in the least stiff setting? How do they compare with T1, Hodchkis and stock Z06 bars in that setting?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to ask questions about our product! Our adjustable sway bars offer a large range of adjustably which can be seen below.

So as far as rates go and their relation to T1 bars it really depends on which bar you are interested in, our Street bar or our Competition bar.

These sway bars are very street-usable. Sway bars do not affect ride quality nearly as much as say springs or shocks. The end links that we use are all lined for quite and smooth operation.

If you are planning on getting to the track more then 2-3 times a year then we recommend getting our Competition, aka. "Pfatty", bars. If you are planning on just driving to work and going to the occasional autocross then the street bars will be a great choice.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call! We are always here to talk setup and offer upgrade advice!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Default Many thanks

Much appreciate the specific info on the relative stiffness of the various sway bars. I expect to take the car to the track but not more than 3/year. I expect to use 285 or 295-30 / 18 tires in the front and 295 or 315-30 / 18 in the back, Michelin Sports cup or Pilot PS2. Does that tip the scales in favour of the street bars or the Pfatty bars?
Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Z28STYLE23
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the T1 bars with links and am happy with them but think I might upgrade to the pfatty bars. I want it alittle stiffer and I want those quiet end links. I don't track the car but drive pretty aggressive on the street.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Quicksilver Z06
Advanced

Pfatty competition bars here. Had the same question last year myself. Glad I went with the Pfatty's. 12 track days and 4,000 street miles with no issues.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:51 AM
BitViper
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So Josh...Im I reading your chart right..The fronts (street version)have three adjustments points..and the rears have four?

If not what do the tick marks note on teh bar's range?

Last edited by BitViper; 02-26-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 AM
danman_s
Instructor

I'll get back to you guys on this in a month. I just picked up my Pfatty Competition bars but haven't installed them yet. Goddam they are thick though, they make the stock bars look like toothpicks!

My performance shop had nothing but good stuff to say about them so I'm looking forward to putting them on. I also wanted to get their coil overs but gotta wait to free up some money first!

Last edited by danman_s; 02-25-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Z28STYLE23
Drifting

Originally Posted by danman_s
I'll get back to you guys on this in a month. I just picked up my Pfatty Competition bars but haven't installed them yet. Goddam they are thick though, they make the stock bars look like toothpicks!

My performance shop had nothing but good stuff to say about them so I'm looking forward to putting them on. I also wanted to get their coil overs but gotta wait to free up some money first!
I can tell you the coil overs are phenomenal. Let us know how the pfatty bars on. Thinking of swapping my T1s out for those.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z28STYLE23
I can tell you the coil overs are phenomenal.
Okay, tell us! What is it about the coil overs that makes them great?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Originally Posted by michaelkrelina
Much appreciate the specific info on the relative stiffness of the various sway bars. I expect to take the car to the track but not more than 3/year. I expect to use 285 or 295-30 / 18 tires in the front and 295 or 315-30 / 18 in the back, Michelin Sports cup or Pilot PS2. Does that tip the scales in favor of the street bars or the Pfatty bars?
Mike
For those that are not planning on getting out to many track days I suggest getting the street bars. However, if you are planning on attending more track days in the future then I would suggest getting the Pfatty bars. Also, if you don't plan on upgrading to stiffer spring rates, either through leafs or coil overs, then the competition bars may be a better option to help control roll.

Originally Posted by BitViper
So Josh...Im I reading your chart right..The fronts (street version)have three adjustments points..and the rears have four?

If not what do the tick marks note on teh bar's range?
You are absolutely correct. All of our front bars have three points of adjustment and our rears have four.

Originally Posted by TheDVS1
Okay, tell us! What is it about the coil overs that makes them great?
Our coil overs offer some really unique features. Our coil overs offer ride height and spring pre-load adjustment which are independent of one another. This allows you to lower the car without sacrificing shock travel. Our coil overs also offer 16 different dampening settings which are adjusted through turning a know located at the top of each shock. This allows the user to adjust the dampening to the specific conditions. For example, if you are driving across the state to your favorite race track, dial the dampening down to a 4 or 5 to give the car a smooth ride. Once you get to the track dial them up to a 10 or 12 for a for the tight race car suspension feel that you expect when you buy the Pfadt coil over package.

I hope this answers everyone's questions. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have questions or are in need of track setup suggestions!

Get notified of new replies

To Any experience with Pfadt Competition Sway Bars?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Any experience with Pfadt Competition Sway Bars?