Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * C5 MODIFIED "HALO" TAIL LIGHTS * * * * Group Purchase Round 4 Has Started ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:05 PM
0Brian@FI Performance
Former Vendor

Location: FI Performance : Norwalk Connecticut www.FIPERFORMANCE.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default * * * * C5 MODIFIED "HALO" TAIL LIGHTS * * * * Group Purchase Round 4 Has Started ***

Guys,

I have started ROUND 4 Group Purchase for the "Modified" C5 Halo LED Tail Lights. I will start calling people tonight so PM me your phone # if you have not done so already. Prices have gone up slightly on my end.

$299 Tail Lights
$60 Mod Fee.

$359 Total Shipped to the lower 48 States.

International Shipping TBD.

Brian
Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Soundman69
Instructor

Put mine in yesterday. Holy crap they look amazing. They are so damn bright when applying the brakes you can probably see them from a mile away.

Thanks Brian and Jon!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:21 AM
koldnrg
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Just to keep everyone informed...

I garauntee my work completley, but understand my work only involves the halo portion of the light, I do not make any changes to the wiring of the center portion of the light. That being said I have had two guys with problems with their center portion of one light, after recieving their lights. In an attempt to offer a degree of what would be covered with the original warranty I offered to repair these lights free of charge "if repairable". The one set has since been repaired and returned to his happy owner, and I am waiting for the second light to be shipped to me as of now. I will offer this same service to anyone who buys these sets from Brian and has the mod performed by me. In opening all of the sets that I have so far I have come across several sets that had visible loose factory solder joints, I typically repair these to the way they should be and the owner never has to worry about the lights not working. Unfortunately I don't have the time to thouroughly inspect every solder joint and when I test the lights I test only the halo circuit, but from here on out if time allows I will test both circuits. Also, if anyone has bought a set of these lights a while ago and has any problems with theirs, get ahold of me and I will let ya know if I think I can repair them for a small fee to mostly just cover the shipping. Thanks again everyone for keeping me busy, my wife thinks your all insane, and that I have inhaled to much solder fumes but oh well.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:28 AM
pinballfanatic
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would like a set of these.....how can I buy a set?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:07 AM
luckyirishguy
Burning Brakes

will you sell them in a blacked out version
Old 08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
WDDarts
Instructor

Default I am ready to buy

Brian,

I am pretty sure you have my info from a previous PM I sent. Give me a ring or send a PM and I will give you the payment info.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Webb
Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
luckyirishguy
Burning Brakes

i know a few people wanting to "jump on this ship" if the can get a black out version
Old 08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
ROCKnROLL
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koldnrg
Just to keep everyone informed...

I garauntee my work completley, but understand my work only involves the halo portion of the light, I do not make any changes to the wiring of the center portion of the light. That being said I have had two guys with problems with their center portion of one light, after recieving their lights. In an attempt to offer a degree of what would be covered with the original warranty I offered to repair these lights free of charge "if repairable". The one set has since been repaired and returned to his happy owner, and I am waiting for the second light to be shipped to me as of now. I will offer this same service to anyone who buys these sets from Brian and has the mod performed by me. In opening all of the sets that I have so far I have come across several sets that had visible loose factory solder joints, I typically repair these to the way they should be and the owner never has to worry about the lights not working. Unfortunately I don't have the time to thouroughly inspect every solder joint and when I test the lights I test only the halo circuit, but from here on out if time allows I will test both circuits. Also, if anyone has bought a set of these lights a while ago and has any problems with theirs, get ahold of me and I will let ya know if I think I can repair them for a small fee to mostly just cover the shipping. Thanks again everyone for keeping me busy, my wife thinks your all insane, and that I have inhaled to much solder fumes but oh well.
No disrespect, but couldn't you find another supplier that can supply a quality part? It would be one less headache for you and your customers would be alot happier not having to return them.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:09 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Brian would be the one looking at changing suppliers not me, I think with any electrical product your bound to have issues. The majority of the sets that had any problems were early on. I run these same lights on my car and overall their quality is quiet good, my intention was not to bring into question the quality of this product but to assure people that if they do encounter an issue, or in the future run into a problem it will be taken care of.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
0Brian@FI Performance
Former Vendor

I will be calling people over the next few days to take payment info on round 4. Best thing to do is PM me your phone number as I am now going down the list...

As far as suppliers go... I am dealing directly with the manufacturers US office which my man over there has been awesome to deal with. Yes, occasionally we have some minor issues however they are always resolved to the best of my ability. These units are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else's pieces. The Adjure's are excellent quality however non-halo. There are some other makes, but trust me when I tell you, I only sell what I consider to be the best in quality and for the price etc... Am I running the exact same setup I sell? You bet your a$$ I am. Are there any other suppliers of the same type of light setup, no. ONCE THEY ARE MODIFIED, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER BECAUSE WE OPEN THEM UP, however we do our best to take care of any issues that arise even though it is what it is...

Brian
Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 PM
cpwills
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brian@FI Performance
ONCE THEY ARE MODIFIED, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER BECAUSE WE OPEN THEM UP, however we do our best to take care of any issues that arise even though it is what it is...
It is a good thing, then, that Jon is going to start looking at the main circuit before modifying. I've just sent mine back to Jon, he's been very receptive to trying to resolve this. I would hope, since you're offering these "soup to nuts", so to speak, that you work out something in case this happens again. It's one thing to receive a perfectly good working product and then break it during modification. Its quite another to receive it broken. If its not a manufacturer's warranty, you might consider offering your own to some degree. Crap happens but it can always be worked out so long as all parties are open to alternatives. This is not meant to be negative in any way, just my thoughts. I'm looking forward to enjoying this product.

Last edited by cpwills; 08-04-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added text
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
vettes&hockey=life
Racer

Hey Brian,

I was the one that called you this morning about the modified halos. So just when you get a chance just call me(I believe you have my number). If not then just PM me. That way I can get in on round 4.

Thanks,

Corey
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 AM
0Brian@FI Performance
Former Vendor

Corey,

Yes, you are on my call list.

Brian
Old 08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
MannyFresh
Racer

I sent you my info, did you get it. I want to be in this round

Thanks,
Manny
Old 08-09-2008, 05:21 AM
MannyFresh
Racer

Haven't received a phone call yet, what's up

Manny
Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

What is modified about these? I've read this entire thread and not a clue, other than "involves the halo portion of the light."

Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 PM
luckyirishguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
What is modified about these? I've read this entire thread and not a clue, other than "involves the halo portion of the light."

its modidied because they give it the halo ring...look At the normal LED tail light then compare.

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * C5 MODIFIED "HALO" TAIL LIGHTS * * * * Group Purchase Round 4 Has Started ***

Old 08-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by luckyirishguy
its modidied because they give it the halo ring...look At the normal LED tail light then compare.
I don't think so. Forum vendor C5VetteLS1 has been selling the blacked-out version of these lights for years - that's the way they come.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:23 PM
mraoshi
Instructor

No, that is not the way they come.
Usually, in standby mode, etc. all of the lights light up, but with these modded ones, only the halo ring lights up in standby mode.

BrianRosenberg has been selling these for a long time as well
Old 08-10-2008, 02:30 PM
vettes&hockey=life
Racer

Richard(BTW great guy!) does sell the regular unmodded halo. But Brian is selling the modified ones, I believe he also sells the regulars to. Here are some pics of the differences between the unmodded and the modified ones.

First pic is regular halos just on without hitting the brakes or turn signals.

Second pic is of the regular halos when you hit the brakes.

Now this third pic is of the modified halos without hitting the brakes or turn signals. Notice how only the halo ring is lit up? But when you hit your brakes or turn signals the center lights up at full brightness.

And heres a video of the regulars vs. the modified ones. The left one is the regular and the right is modified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd190EuxPFI

Hope this cleared some things up for you about this "mod".

Corey

Quick Reply: * * * * C5 MODIFIED "HALO" TAIL LIGHTS * * * * Group Purchase Round 4 Has Started ***