Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 BCM Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
jvest
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get all the grounds cleaned and check all connections on the EBCM then see if the codes and warnings come back.

Any suggestions on the cause of the low oil level warning?

Thanks again for your help. I hope I can return the favor in the future.
Jim
Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
jvest
Heel & Toe

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. I've put about 100 miles on it and so far no ABS, Traction Control or Active Handling warnings. I cleaned all the grounds except for the ones in the doors. I didn't see any corrosion on those grounds, but the negative battery cable was bad loose and I suspect that was the cause. If it comes back I'll have the EBCM rebuilt.

Thanks again for your help,
Jim
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
jvest
Heel & Toe

Unfortunately after 150 miles the warnings came back (Service Traction Control, Service ABS, and Service Active Handling). I have cleaned all 13 grounds, including finding a loose battery ground cable which I thought was the problem. I did check the ABS motor by slamming the brakes at 10mph on gravel and I felt the motor running in the pedal. I would assume the next step is the send the EBCM to ABSFixer. Can he they me once he checks it out that this was my problem? I don't care to spend the $150 - $200 for the repair, I would just like to know I've got it taking care of.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Pulls the codes again and make sure they are the same as before.

There are a couple of codes that are VERY common besides the one you alreayd had...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
jvest
Heel & Toe

The only code it had was 28 TCS C1214HC. The code I had before was C1214H. I think the "H" & "C" means current and history. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

yup h for history meaning it happened in the past, C for current meaning its happening right now as well.

You are toast...ABSFIXER it is...sorry man...luckily its not too expensive and you'llnever have to worry about it again...

i was hoping it was going to be one of those BS wheel speed sensor codes which are usually easy and inexpensive to fix...oh well at least you know the problem, the cause, and the solution...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 PM
jvest
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Stealthy4
yup h for history meaning it happened in the past, C for current meaning its happening right now as well.

You are toast...ABSFIXER it is...sorry man...luckily its not too expensive and you'llnever have to worry about it again...

i was hoping it was going to be one of those BS wheel speed sensor codes which are usually easy and inexpensive to fix...oh well at least you know the problem, the cause, and the solution...
Thanks for your help on this issue. As long as I know what the problem is and there's a reasonably priced repair that's all that matters.

Thanks again for your help.
Jim

Quick Reply: 2002 BCM Issue