Sponsored by:

[Z06] Clutch problems???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
RamAir02TA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevo92z28
Mine does the same, stock clutch/hydraulics here. 47k miles on the car. Normally i feel the effects after i let off in 4th, but i have missed a few 3-4 shifts recently. I change the clutch fluid rigourously. You have to, it gets dirty fast when you beat on the car. It does help when it's clean.

But i will have a sticky clutch pedal even after fresh fluid but its pretty minor.
Yeah my clutch pedal was still getting alittle sticky at the track fluid was clean before I left for the track as I flushed it numerous times until it was clean I changed it after each run also. Maybe ill try getting a master cylinder the fluid was black when I got the car lol and it was probably was never changed until I got it with 87k.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
stevedun
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-12 Veteran

Do you have to change clutch fluid in any other car to keep it working correctly? I have this problem and change my fluid regularly, but was just wondering if every hydraulic clutch needs this constant changing of fluid. My Z is stock and still can't handle high RPM runs, mostly happens in 3RD.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
rich65
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any body know where the instructions or a diy thread are on how to bleed the system without a remote bleeder ?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch problems???