Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grocery check-out counter

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
EZEDDIE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corvette....What legends and dreams are made of!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
GreenDream
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Great stories.. A month ago I walked out of Wal-Mart where I had parked waaay out away from those metal cars and as I am walking across the parking lot, I see a teenage girl with her camera phone snapping pics like crazy of my Vette. All this while her ride was slowly leaving the lot with a rear door open. She snapped it from every angle possible. No words were spoken, but it gives you a good feeling..
Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
cnw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Pretty neat

Originally Posted by GreenDream
Great stories.. A month ago I walked out of Wal-Mart where I had parked waaay out away from those metal cars and as I am walking across the parking lot, I see a teenage girl with her camera phone snapping pics like crazy of my Vette. All this while her ride was slowly leaving the lot with a rear door open. She snapped it from every angle possible. No words were spoken, but it gives you a good feeling..
Another great story.

Craig
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
nelliestar
Instructor

I'll never forget my uncle pulling up in a new '53. Those tea strainers really stick in my mind.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by VetterGetIt
wow. that kids sounds like a real douchebag lol
My bad. I'm old. A kid to me these days is 19, 20 or so. He was the cashier so at least he had a job. As I think about it I must be the douchebag who doesn't look like he could afford a Vette. I bought a $250. Carrera slot car track and paid with a Visa Platinum Check card, maybe he thought I stole it.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
C5rst
Instructor

My mom owned the Corvette I now own before me. My niece (9 years old) has been crazy about it for a year. About two months ago I was up in Pitt visiting my sister and my neice wanted to go for a ride. She has been saying since she was 6, "g'mas gonna give me that car when I drive" and it's adorable. I took her to a parking lot and let her drive it around with her sitting on my lap and she was in heaven. If I still have the car when she turns 16 I might just let her have it.

I always get comments at the gas station about the car from young kids and sometimes from grown men.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 AM
cnw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Great idea

Originally Posted by C5rst
My mom owned the Corvette I now own before me. My niece (9 years old) has been crazy about it for a year. About two months ago I was up in Pitt visiting my sister and my neice wanted to go for a ride. She has been saying since she was 6, "g'mas gonna give me that car when I drive" and it's adorable. I took her to a parking lot and let her drive it around with her sitting on my lap and she was in heaven. If I still have the car when she turns 16 I might just let her have it.

I always get comments at the gas station about the car from young kids and sometimes from grown men.
Bet she will be happy.

Craig

Quick Reply: Grocery check-out counter