Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does everyone remove their BB's Bullets in a week?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does everyone remove their BB's Bullets in a week?

I've been on the fence here for a month about BB Bullets. I've gone to shows to listen to them and love what I hear same thing using Youtube...love it. Then just when I'm about to pull the trigger on them I read on here where some one has gotten them and ripped them off the car in days because they just can't stand it. Now I'm assuming that in the beginning they were in love with the idea and wanted them but after getting them they freaked. I don't want to do that as in I can't afford to put them on for 48hours and take them off.... LOL
It's hard to go to a show and talk someone into taking you out for a ride once they are parked and settled and I fully understand that.
I just find it hard to believe these are SO bad that people buy them and can't stand them and pull them off left and right. If that was the case I would assume they wouldn't be able to sell them (the company) for very long with that kind of reputation for their product.
As you may have guess from my nick name here racing is important to me and I can sit at a race all day and it doesn't bother me a bit as a matter of fact I don't fully understand the people that year ear plugs at a race seems you're not getting your money's worth to me.... Love the sound at the track.

So are there people out there that aren't going deaf from bullets and getting headaches and they lasted longer than a few weeks/days or for that matter find the drone to be not as bad as they first thought it would be.

I think I saw the horse still moving a bit on this subject so lets beat it some more.... LOL PETA I was JUST KIDDING relax!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyoRacing
I've been on the fence here for a month about BB Bullets. I've gone to shows to listen to them and love what I hear same thing using Youtube...love it. Then just when I'm about to pull the trigger on them I read on here where some one has gotten them and ripped them off the car in days because they just can't stand it. Now I'm assuming that in the beginning they were in love with the idea and wanted them but after getting them they freaked. I don't want to do that as in I can't afford to put them on for 48hours and take them off.... LOL
It's hard to go to a show and talk someone into taking you out for a ride once they are parked and settled and I fully understand that.
I just find it hard to believe these are SO bad that people buy them and can't stand them and pull them off left and right. If that was the case I would assume they wouldn't be able to sell them (the company) for very long with that kind of reputation for their product.
As you may have guess from my nick name here racing is important to me and I can sit at a race all day and it doesn't bother me a bit as a matter of fact I don't fully understand the people that year ear plugs at a race seems you're not getting your money's worth to me.... Love the sound at the track.

So are there people out there that aren't going deaf from bullets and getting headaches and they lasted longer than a few weeks/days or for that matter find the drone to be not as bad as they first thought it would be.

I think I saw the horse still moving a bit on this subject so lets beat it some more.... LOL PETA I was JUST KIDDING relax!
the problem is that on the coupes and frc the trunk area is open and allows for the interior amplification of the exhaust, it also reaches a resonance frequency that will vibrate the ear drums in a manner that causes pain to the brain (thus the headaches) So it is something that you will have to drive around yourself and see what you can or can't stand, not necessarily volume but the resonance frequency. Worst case scenario is you buy them and you have to make a partition between the seats and trunks and maybe dynamat...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Cod
Bazinga!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Drone.........some people can stand it while others can't
Old 07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Some people are more annoyed by resonance and drone than others. It has nothing to do with being loud. And sitting at a race is different than sitting inside a car for minutes or hours with a frequency that seems to rattle the fillings in your teeth.

There is no right or wrong answer to which exhaust system is right for you - it's the one that you like....period. Personally - I wouldn't own a B & B Bullet system if you gave it to me and installed it for free. JMHO.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I keep saying this....after 4 exhaust systems here is my advice:

Don't buy any system that starts with a B! I'll even spell it out for ya this time...B&B, Bassani, and Borla....there. Now get the one that starts with a C...awesome!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:40 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen similar things about the terrible drone of Borla Stingers. If someone could please drive with me and point out the drone, I'd sure appreciate it.

Point is, everyone has a differnt opinion. If you think you'll like a louder exhaust, than go for it.

BTW, I think you've been looking for an exhaust for over a year. Time to take the jump and ditch that crap stock system.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
superstreet
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
Some people are more annoyed by resonance and drone than others. It has nothing to do with being loud. And sitting at a race is different than sitting inside a car for minutes or hours with a frequency that seems to rattle the fillings in your teeth.

There is no right or wrong answer to which exhaust system is right for you - it's the one that you like....period. Personally - I wouldn't own a B & B Bullet system if you gave it to me and installed it for free. JMHO.

We have had our B & B's on for over a year and love'em!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for a while now, and so has my BIL. We still love 'em, more every time we drive. I too, can be at a race track all day long, without earplugs. I went to Maple Grove Raceway every year for at least 15 years, and spent three days listening to top fuelers in all their glory. It sounds to me like you're the kinda guy who'll keep the B&B's on, and never look back.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blacksedan87

No I understand being a track and being locked in car like that are two different things. My point was everyone has a different comfort level for things and where as I'm not bothered by it some people seem to be so the pop in the ear plugs.
It's just that I see them on a ton of Vettes at shows and of course 90% of the people say ..."NO, it's not that bad!" Then I read on here how some people it drives them FN nuts within minutes.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused about this and how to handle it. I love the idea of getting them for the car...it was between the BB's and Stingers and I decided on the Bullets ....just a tad bit concerned when i read some of the comments made on here thats all.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
BUGZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I keep saying this....after 4 exhaust systems here is my advice:

Don't buy any system that starts with a B! I'll even spell it out for ya this time...B&B, Bassani, and Borla....there. Now get the one that starts with a C...awesome!!!
Please give me a "C" hint.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nj02vette
I've seen similar things about the terrible drone of Borla Stingers. If someone could please drive with me and point out the drone, I'd sure appreciate it.

Point is, everyone has a differnt opinion. If you think you'll like a louder exhaust, than go for it.

BTW, I think you've been looking for an exhaust for over a year. Time to take the jump and ditch that crap stock system.
Yeah I was going to do it last year but had to put the cash to better use....Now however I'm good with that part I just got into the Borla, Bullets war this year decided on the Bullets and then the drone issue came up and I fully agree with the the stocks HAVE TO GO!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by BUGZ
Please give me a "C" hint.
I'm sure he's referring to Corsa. I have Corsa Pace Car systems on both of my C5's. I love them - but they are not the answer for everyone. For some, they simply aren't loud enough.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I have B&B BUllets and Love them. When i first put just the catback system on I was amazed by the new sound( and loss of gas mileage because my foot got heavier) My Wife even said this is what a Corvette should sound like.

I then put on my OBX headers and it got a little louder yet. The drone is something you either love it or hate it. I actually like the sound and it does not bother me at all. Actually with my stereo I have in the car and sub pounding i cant hear the exhasut LOL.

Now here is what really shocked me with the OBX and Bullets setup.

When I got my mail order tune back from ECS the car was not as loud on the inside and the drone is now half of what it was.

I would suggest going with the GHL Bullets. From what is being said, the drone is not bad at all.

I have them here for you as well for 899.99
http://www.doubledmods.com/product.s...0&productId=34

DO a search on feedback about the GHL Bullets. The sound is great and you wont go crazy driving the car.

Dennis
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
CUlookin
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the Z06 Ti System with cutouts... best of both worlds and trust me, they are louder that the bullets with them fully opened... but with the QTP controller they are fully adjustable from 0-100% open

Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

OK I guess what my point for posting this is I'm sold on the idea of dumping the stock exhaust thats a non issue.... it's just when it comes to Bullets I see far more people upset with them then I see people that LOVE them so it had me a bit concerned thats all.
I like the deal I have set up to buy them just wanted to see if there were a number of people that had the same concerns I have but found them to not be as big a deal. When people are talking about driving them for an hour and then ripping them off ...thats extreme I think all be it I respect the fact we're all different it's just the people that dislike them seem to be more vocal in their displeasure then the people that like them.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put the dual tips on my otherwise stock car and love it! Been on my car for about a year and I love hearing the exhaust on the inside of the car. But I guess I belong to a minority that loves that rumbling exhaust sound in the car and then crank up the tunes if I want it to go away. I can't wait for a set of headers to open up the sound more

-Alex
Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
KeyoRacing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlexSmith
I put the dual tips on my otherwise stock car and love it! Been on my car for about a year and I love hearing the exhaust on the inside of the car. But I guess I belong to a minority that loves that rumbling exhaust sound in the car and then crank up the tunes if I want it to go away. I can't wait for a set of headers to open up the sound more

-Alex
Thanks Alex..... I think you sound like me. I don't drive the thing everyday anyway...believe it or not sometimes I'm just not in a Corvette mood (OH NO!) but when I am I REALLY AM and I hate the stock exhaust and I'm sick of going to a show and being upset other guys cars sound so great. I'll learn to love the drone i guess. It's just that I've read very little from people that didn't seem to mind a little noise.I can't think of anything for the car thats seemed to upset as many people as this.
I'm sure the first time i set off someones car alarm or i roll next to a fart can I'll have a big smile on my face.....lol

Get notified of new replies

To Does everyone remove their BB's Bullets in a week?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:13 PM
cammedvette
Racer

Default Go With the "C"'s

I have the Corsa Touring catback with LG headers and off road pipe (no cats). This system sounds awesome. Very throaty and plenty loud. You can definitely hear the exhaust note with driving normally and really hear it while stepping on it...At the same time you can cruise down the highway and bearly even hear them at all and absolutly zero drone!!

Go with the big "C"'s my man.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
NYVette01
Racer

As I type this thread I have B&B Bullets being installed right now. I have heard them and fell in love but I am also the type of guy who likes loud, raw sounding cars. I didn't buy the FRC for cruising quietly down the boulevard
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyoRacing
Thanks Alex..... I think you sound like me. I don't drive the thing everyday anyway...believe it or not sometimes I'm just not in a Corvette mood (OH NO!) but when I am I REALLY AM and I hate the stock exhaust and I'm sick of going to a show and being upset other guys cars sound so great. I'll learn to love the drone i guess. It's just that I've read very little from people that didn't seem to mind a little noise.I can't think of anything for the car thats seemed to upset as many people as this.
I'm sure the first time i set off someones car alarm or i roll next to a fart can I'll have a big smile on my face.....lol
Well I do drive my car everyday since it is my DD and it has yet to bother me. I always enjoy hearing the engine, don't see why others wouldn't. I hated not being able to hear the car just as you do.

-Alex

Quick Reply: Does everyone remove their BB's Bullets in a week?