Sponsored by:

Plenum Cover Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:44 AM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Plenum Cover Question

I have recently purchased a stainless plenum cover think it will look Ok in my engine bay....
Question is: Do you remove the plenum cover when you are driving around and have it fitted only for display?
If fitted and you drive around how do you fit it so it won't rub thru the paint on the frc's??

Current engine bay:

With new SS Plenum cover:
Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
4U2ENVY
Burning Brakes

Location: Obama says I'm a bitter white guy clinging to my guns and religon and he's right
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although, it has a cushion underneath, I took 2 small pieces of double sided tape and put it underneath. The reason: to keep it from possbily shifting and causing it to scratch my FRC's. So far I have had for a year and have had no issues at all.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
blkvette98
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plenum cover

I hate to tailgate on somone else's post but I was thinking of one of these covers but perforated. Do they make the underhood temps go up or might I see a change in performance (warming the intake). It may be a stupid question but we're always trying to optimize and still make things look good. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 4U2ENVY
Although, it has a cushion underneath, I took 2 small pieces of double sided tape and put it underneath. The reason: to keep it from possbily shifting and causing it to scratch my FRC's. So far I have had for a year and have had no issues at all.
Thanks 4U2ENVY,

Get notified of new replies

To Plenum Cover Question

Quick Reply: Plenum Cover Question