Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have that neighbor???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Nope, but when we were installing the supercharger on my car at my friends house on his drive way on jack stands he ended up getting a letter in the mail box.

Dear Tenant,
The residents of Norwood Place do not appreciate your slanderous activities. Having your grass growing out of control and having your truck parked in the lawn tearing it up and depreciating our homes values. There are actual home owners around trying to sell their houses and we do not need this neighborhood looking like a ghetto with your car on blocks. Yadda yadda yadda....

Thanks,

The Norwood Association.

Btw he had his truck parked in the grass for maybe an hour? With the lawn being perfectly fine after it was removed. Not to mention he cuts his grass once a week.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, but there's a couple of dicks at work that whenever I bring the car in have to say, "Hey, you drove the Vette today - how come?" Or I'll get, "You'd better run outside cause the forklift driver just dropped a load of steel on your precious Vette." And someone always has to walk past it and pretend to scratch it with something, or rub their hands on it.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Nope, but when we were installing the supercharger on my car at my friends house on his drive way on jack stands he ended up getting a letter in the mail box.

Dear Tenant,
The residents of Norwood Place do not appreciate your slanderous activities. Having your grass growing out of control and having your truck parked in the lawn tearing it up and depreciating our homes values. There are actual home owners around trying to sell their houses and we do not need this neighborhood looking like a ghetto with your car on blocks. Yadda yadda yadda....

Thanks,

The Norwood Association.

Btw he had his truck parked in the grass for maybe an hour? With the lawn being perfectly fine after it was removed. Not to mention he cuts his grass once a week.
I'd rather live in a cardboard condo than EVER live in a place with a tenant's association.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTheTop
I'd rather live in a cardboard condo than EVER live in a place with a tenant's association.
Lol yeah, I don't think there is actually a tenants association, the guy just wanted to remain anonymous..

I mean, we're pretty good neighbors. Don't ever play the music in the garage very loud, we clean up all tools, and stop testing out car after 8 PM. Doesn't seem very unreasonable to me.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Yep.
Every time I wash mine. Funny thing is my neighbor gives me a smart azz look when I give him the same question about his Harley.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:17 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,262 Likes on 821 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

No come back needed. I have learned that most don't understand.
We do. The others know that we are on to something they just
don't know-what. When they question and point--------------
Just smile because you know.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM
socalman
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

The "you missed a spot" neighbor-

I handed him the towel and said "thanks, the shine is getting to my eyes-just knock on the door when your finished" and I walked in the house.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Bill Vett
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I have a neighbor who asked why I was wasting water washing a clean car??? I told him that I didn't take a shower for two days and the water I saved I was now using to wash my "clean" car. "As not to waste more water I would be happy to poor the bucket of soapy water over you and rinse you down with the hose", he didn't think it was funny I guess. Hasn't spoken or waved to me in 3 years.....
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
rebelheart
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope ours simply wave and hollar"nice car! or love your car!"
Old 10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Navyvette04
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Humy
my hot neighbor with huge cannons hits on me when I wash my car, very distracting

other neighbor has an irritating little black dog (like george bush's), who always gets all up in my biznus
Huge cannons are a great mod!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tomurphjr
I dry mine with a leaf blower, so I get the crazy stare all the time.

Now my neighbor dries his vette the same way!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
lockmart
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just be glad your neighbors don't live in their garage and driveway 24 hrs a day. Mine are always blarring their tv, smoking, and arguing in their garage when I wash my car, arrive home, work in the yard, take the trash out etc...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM
ChrisC503Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Vett
I have a neighbor who asked why I was wasting water washing a clean car??? I told him that I didn't take a shower for two days and the water I saved I was now using to wash my "clean" car. "As not to waste more water I would be happy to poor the bucket of soapy water over you and rinse you down with the hose", he didn't think it was funny I guess. Hasn't spoken or waved to me in 3 years.....
That's an awesome comeback. Kudos!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 PM
ChrisC503Z06
Intermediate

My neighbor on one side is an Agoraphobiac (doesn't ever come outside), and the other is a guy about my age with a taste for nice cars himself so I guess I'm lucky. First time I was out washing it, neighbor I had never met in 5 years at address came over and said a kind word after his wife told me he wanted one for his mid-life crisis but was concerned about his height (he looked around 6'2"). I am 6'4" and fit quite easily which put his mind at ease. Now I have another neighbor who waves and that can't be a bad thing.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
ChrisC503Z06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DropTheTop
Nope, but there's a couple of dicks at work that whenever I bring the car in have to say, "Hey, you drove the Vette today - how come?" Or I'll get, "You'd better run outside cause the forklift driver just dropped a load of steel on your precious Vette." And someone always has to walk past it and pretend to scratch it with something, or rub their hands on it.

Such jists must be repaid in kind. When they ask you why you drove the Vette insult their car and they'll get the message in a hurry.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM
lefty77
Instructor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
My neighborhood has 6 houses. smallest lot is 2 ac, largest is 7 ac

there are three corvette, two MGBs, One AH Bug Eyed Sprite, two BMW Minis. One late model stock car, two old 1930 something pick up trucks, Plus all the normal cars and pick ups.
One guy owns a used car and truck lot an other guy is a service manager for a BMW dealer.

Great neighborhood.
Now that's my kind of neighborhood!

Get notified of new replies

To Do you have that neighbor???

Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
lil vette
Melting Slicks

No neighbors around when I wash my car....I wait till speaker says, "Move forward". Then I just sit & wait for light to say "exit".
Takes about 60 seconds & I'm done...fini...outa here.
Jim
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I got compliments from my neighbors... They say I have the nicest car int he neighborhood!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
tslick98
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

It never fails when i'm washing or waxing mine, someone drives by and revs the stuffins out of their motor. I'm always so impressed.

Quick Reply: Do you have that neighbor???