Throttle Actuator Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
googz
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Actuator Control Module

Hello,

Was wondering if it's a common problem for a C5 to have a bad Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module, or is this something to expect for a 10 year old vette.

Reason I'm asking is the part is on national backorder and my vette could potentially be laying in the shop for weeks until the part is available. I did call a junk yard and they do have the part from a '99 vette, but if this module has a history of going bad, I'd rather wait for a new one.

Thanks in advance for any advise
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by googz
Hello,

Was wondering if it's a common problem for a C5 to have a bad Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module, or is this something to expect for a 10 year old vette.

Reason I'm asking is the part is on national backorder and my vette could potentially be laying in the shop for weeks until the part is available. I did call a junk yard and they do have the part from a '99 vette, but if this module has a history of going bad, I'd rather wait for a new one.

Thanks in advance for any advise
No, it's not. They tend to be very robust, just like the PCM, BCM, etc.

If you have verified you have a TAC module failure, I would have little hesitation in using a used one since you can't find new.

HTH
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
SebringSixSpeed
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice is to borrow a TAC module from one of your C5 buddies and plug it in to your car. Unless you've already done this, I'm willing to bet it's not the problem. Even if you are getting code P1518 that doesn't single out the TAC module. It can be anything in the circuit of the throttle body, TAC module, throttle pedal, ignition switch, PCM, and all related wiring harnesses. But seriously, before you shell out hundreds of $'s for a module that may not help you, try to find someone that will let you pull their's off their car and put it on yours, should take less than 15 minutes to swap. Good luck.

Last edited by SebringSixSpeed; 02-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 AM
googz
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle Actuator Control Module

Quick Reply: Throttle Actuator Control Module