[Z06] These HRE Wheels/ Connect me

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
1REDZED
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These HRE Wheels/ Connect me

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-wheels-5.html

I just want to cut a bit closer in my chase for wheels. Lots of you guys are connected in many ways with parts and vendors etc.

In the link above, about midway down the thread CF member 'tlaselva'
boasts a set of HRE's. These may be too wide for my stock Z. But I like the wheels alot!

I have PM'd 'tlaselva' for the style of wheel but if anyone else knows this wheel please reply. I would like these done up with black centers, and TR outter lip/dish/ring.

William
Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

HRE 541R
Great looking wheels. Here's a pic of the 541, no reverse lip.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
1REDZED
Instructor

MPM, sheesh this forum works as fast as Google at times.

HRE 541's...

Is that you QS in this thread?

So I guess now I need to research the available finishes of the
HRE 541's.

Thanks MPM any other imput on the best place to perhaps pruchase these, I would sure make a note of it.

William
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
1REDZED
Instructor

MPM I did some quick searching on the HRE 541's.
I learned that the wheels have been discontinued. Out with the old and in with the new.

What I did learn was if an HRE wheel is damaged, it can be rebuilt/make a new one.
I was told if there where any other owners that would be willing to share their serial number, that technically they could build a new set of wheels, using the 'damaged scenario as a loop hole' to build the wheels.

Thanks MPM the inserted pic of the red Z sport the 541's. I kind of hoped for a set with the reverse profile, black centers and red reverse ring. Plenty of wheels out there shall continue to look.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought they had quit making them but wasn't sure. I'm glad to hear they'll continue to service them.
HRE has had great customer service. Fikse is supposed to start making wheels again this summer, so I would look at them and Forgeline as well.
Good luck finding the right wheels for your car.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
1REDZED
Instructor

Thanks again MPM, You got me going in a good direction with the series #.
Forgeline... They have some nice coices as well.

Lots to consider. Those 541 ain't out of the question yet, but then again, their may be better value out there. Everybody is doing this wheel thing.

William
Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts

Here are his wheels on my car for a giggle.

And another WB with the same wheels.

Originally Posted by 1REDZED
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-wheels-5.html

I just want to cut a bit closer in my chase for wheels. Lots of you guys are connected in many ways with parts and vendors etc.

In the link above, about midway down the thread CF member 'tlaselva'
boasts a set of HRE's. These may be too wide for my stock Z. But I like the wheels alot!

I have PM'd 'tlaselva' for the style of wheel but if anyone else knows this wheel please reply. I would like these done up with black centers, and TR outter lip/dish/ring.

William

Last edited by JETZ; 04-27-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
1REDZED
Instructor

Jetz,
I knew the wheels in the thread were wide... I was trying to get the make of the wheel, in turn, see what was available to go on the stock Z. I like a bit more dish in the rear, to me it just gives a nice added dimension.

So tell me. Did all that air in them big *** tires levitate that Z of yours? Thanks for sharing

Nice rides gentleman, nice rides.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Don't forget, that if you go for a big lip, you can't go for a big brake upgrade, and you have to order the wheels with that in mind.

Jetz,
I knew the wheels in the thread were wide... I was trying to get the make of the wheel, in turn, see what was available to go on the stock Z. I like a bit more dish in the rear, to me it just gives a nice added dimension.

So tell me. Did all that air in them big *** tires levitate that Z of yours? Thanks for sharing

Nice rides gentleman, nice rides.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 AM
1REDZED
Instructor

Jetz, I am missing part of this equation, the last pic, the blk pic, looks like it has monster brakes. Talk to me... If you have time, elaborate on the fittment issues in relationship to the brakes. I understand wheel tub, fenders etc... I need good definition on the brake related issue.

Thanks
William
Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

The silver/black cars are wide bodies. They have the room too run the big lip wheels, and still have clearance to run big brakes (Brembo in this case). I have the same brakes, same 345/20's, but can't run the offset or else the wheels stick like crazy (top pics). My car is tubbed, so to tuck everything in the wheel well, I can't have a big lip with the BB. With an L5 fender I think I could run the WB wheels.

Sent from my iPhone

Jetz, I am missing part of this equation, the last pic, the blk pic, looks like it has monster brakes. Talk to me... If you have time, elaborate on the fittment issues in relationship to the brakes. I understand wheel tub, fenders etc... I need good definition on the brake related issue.

Thanks
William

Get notified of new replies

To These HRE Wheels/ Connect me

Quick Reply: [Z06] These HRE Wheels/ Connect me