Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair price to replace both rear wheel bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Turbo5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fair price to replace both rear wheel bearings?

I was riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway when the noise in the back of the car got really loud. I carried the car in to the dealer to see what the problem was and he said both rear wheel bearings had gone out.

Now the plot thickens. While the car was under warranty I took the C5 in to the dealer, beyond that I had purchased insurance to fix it also. Now that it is out of warranty they find the problem. The Service Manager has been fired. The dealership sold and my car is out of warranty. At the time I carried the car in for service I requested that a notation be made that I had complained about noise in the rear of the car.

How would you guys handle this?

Turbo5
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

The dealer should still have a record of the time you took it in when it was under warranty, You should also have a copy I would think.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
The dealer should still have a record of the time you took it in when it was under warranty, You should also have a copy I would think.
I would think that GMPP would have a history on your vehicle, they might give you credit since you did bring it in for the exact same problem/noise that has now become a bearing failure. Good luck !
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
KenShores
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should but they won't. Why should they fix it for the money that the other owner pocketed. That will be their argument I think. Sorry to say, but they don't call them stealerships for only one reason. I guess you can raise hell long enough to make them honor it, but will you really want them to work on your car after that?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

also, kind of strange that both bearings went out at exactly the same time

Get notified of new replies

To Fair price to replace both rear wheel bearings?

Quick Reply: Fair price to replace both rear wheel bearings?