Sponsored by:

Weird dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Weird dyno results

My bud is a teacher at Lincoln tech auto school here in Whitestone, Queens N.Y. Very nice professional kids will be coming out soon. Anyway he drives a stock SRT Challenger and all the kids tease him how their ricers can beat him and he always tells them if he can't beat them his friend me will bring his blown vette. Well today the school had a dyno meet slash car show. Let me just say these kids gave my car the upmost respect and just fell in love with the entire set up. So my car has a ECS paxton with all the goodies and put down 581rwhp on a 98 degree extremely humid day on a ECS dyno. So today on go on their mustang dyno after they set up the car I pull, after 4,000rpms the wheels kept breaking loose, and I did this twice and got it up to 5,000 and I can see my speedo jumping, which this was happening at about 125mph. Is this typical to happen and why guys now use the dyno-pak. All in all I hit 450rwhp at 5,000 and took 3rd place and made about 120 on lookers half deaf being this was in a garage with my LT's and straight pipe set up.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:56 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No way to get an accurate reading with the tire spin on the dyno roller. First thing they should have done was make sure that the roller was absolutely clean. They should have repositioned the car on the roller to slightly front of the center line. Then really cranked down the tiedown straps as tight as they could go. That might have given you enough traction to complete a full run.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:53 PM
MNR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
No way to get an accurate reading with the tire spin on the dyno roller. First thing they should have done was make sure that the roller was absolutely clean. They should have repositioned the car on the roller to slightly front of the center line. Then really cranked down the tiedown straps as tight as they could go. That might have given you enough traction to complete a full run.

That would minimize, if not get rid of, your no traction problem.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:49 AM
HowlinC5
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend here that had a turbo formula, he now has a turbo T/A , he always has wheel spin on the dyno. They have to get extra straps to hold it down. The Formula put down 995, he won the LSX shootout the first 2 years they had the event with the T/A and the Formula was featured in GM High Tech. The issue was Turbo Street Sickos. Unfortunately the Formula was totaled at the drag strip.

Last edited by HowlinC5; 08-22-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
foxygoliath
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lincolntech is running the dyno event again tomorrow 7/28/12 from 11:00am to 5:00pm..It all AMERICAN MUSCLE no rice!!!!

Camaro 5th gen will be here

Get notified of new replies

To Weird dyno results

Quick Reply: Weird dyno results