Sponsored by:

[Z06] Best H/E for power

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Dystrophy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best H/E for power

I'm looking for a good place to find some real world results, on headers and exhaust combo. I don't care about how loud it is or smog.

I was thinking so far LG Pro series, x pipe, with GHL exhaust. Is this the most free flowing setup?

Thanks for the help...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM
0Philip@HPE
Former Vendor

I'm a fan of the Kooks 1 7/8, 3" Offroad X-Pipe and B&B Bullets. That's what I ran on my car.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

I like your choice, rather than Phils, if you're not planning on upgrading the motor in the future. If you remain 346, I think the TQ curve is better with the 1.75 tubes, with much longer primaries that the LGs offer. As far as catback, both sound awesome, but w/o cats, I'd go with the GHLs, as they won't have nearly as much cabin resonance, and still be plenty loud. I've got Corsa Pace, and they're great, but higher pitched than the GHLs or BB. If someday, you plan on a stroker, or FI, I think you can get LGs in 1.875", but not sure.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Dystrophy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zeevette
I like your choice, rather than Phils, if you're not planning on upgrading the motor in the future. If you remain 346, I think the TQ curve is better with the 1.75 tubes, with much longer primaries that the LGs offer. As far as catback, both sound awesome, but w/o cats, I'd go with the GHLs, as they won't have nearly as much cabin resonance, and still be plenty loud. I've got Corsa Pace, and they're great, but higher pitched than the GHLs or BB. If someday, you plan on a stroker, or FI, I think you can get LGs in 1.875", but not sure.
Awesome info!

Question, I don't plan on running cat's, so I'm leaning towards the GHL atm. Why did you choose the Corsa over the others if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks again!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't really make much power on different cat-back systems vs. the stock Ti.

I would get the headers and X-pipe and just bolt on the stock Ti exhaust and see how you like it. Lots of guys running 500 rwhp with stock Ti exhaust.

If that isn't loud enough install some cutouts for mild around your neighborhood and wild everywhere else.

If you DO decide to install a cat-back exhaust be sure to keep your stock Ti as you will want it after you install a cam and do some head work, see it all the time. Just my .02
Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Dystrophy
Awesome info!

Question, I don't plan on running cat's, so I'm leaning towards the GHL atm. Why did you choose the Corsa over the others if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks again!
It's kind of stupid, but I saw a C5 in a WCC catalog with the coolest looking (IMO) tips I've ever seen, and always wanted a set like that.....The tips were two very large ovals, and at the time, only two manufacturers made the type, Bassani, and Borla. The Borlas (also, at the time) were only made for WCC, and I wasn't going to pay their price for a catback. Then one day, another vendor (here at CF, but I think they are gone now) offered this catback for about half of what they'd been before, and I bought my first brand new catback. I've previously had two used setups, that had their good, and bad points, Magnaflow, and Stingers. I'm not in love with the sound of the Corsas, but the tips are just perfect for me, aesthetically. I wouldn't do it over again, BTW, but OTOH, the Corsas are really nice.

Get notified of new replies

To Best H/E for power

Quick Reply: [Z06] Best H/E for power