Sponsored by:

Lambo Doors Installation Video - 30 minutes of step by step

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Ultimate_Respect
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imavettegirl
like i said, not for me but if it floats your boat, great!

if i wanted lambo doors then i would get a lamborghini.

i wanted a Z06 corvette without the silliness of these add on doors and that is what i have.
So you have a Z06? I will be the first one to say Whippy do .... Again if it is not for you than you really do not need to make a comment on how silly the doors to you. You really do not even have to make a comment at all. Here is what you can do next time.. Click on the thread read it and if it is something that is not up for debate than just leave... it is that simple...
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

sorry but lambo doors are not like adding other corvette fenders on a corvette.

not saying no one should like them, i just do not see a point in them.
It's a unique way of showing off both exterior and interior of the car at carshows...which is another reason why people like them. The vette is one of the few cars that can pull it off nicely.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 AM
imavettegirl
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is a public forum and i am entitled to my opinion.

maybe respect is not something you are ultimate at.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
Not that I would ever install these but I have to say they look a lot better on our C5s than most of the cars I usually see them on. Lambo doors are particularly offensive on 4 door sedans.

My gut reaction to this is "that's just wrong". However after further consideration, if more cars had these, we would all have less door dings!

Thanks for the video. Even though I'm not considering Lambo Doors for my C5, I agree it's one of the few cars that can pull off the look, especially for show cars.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

this is a public forum and i am entitled to my opinion.

maybe respect is not something you are ultimate at.
ultimate at?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
ultimate at?
..play on words considering his user id is "Ultimate Respect".

Either way, I don't think his exchange intended any disrespect.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
..play on words considering his user id is "Ultimate Respect".

Either way, I don't think his exchange intended any disrespect.
Ah, I see. I didn't connect it to the user name.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

Trolls will be trolls. Hey I just wanted to tell you guys all that for those who thanked me for the videos, you are all very much welcome. I took way too much time with the editing because I had to learn how to use Adobe Premier and After Effects. I'm still adding a voice over, but for now at least you guys can see the work, hear the tools, and take the guess work out of installing a set of doors. Any decent body shop should be able to do this as well as long as they take a peek at the video for a few random parts. I'm trying to bring video into the mix right now for our company, and being that this is my first one, I really appreciate the response you guys gave! I'll have tons of great new videos to come, so hopefully they just get better and better

-Chris

Last edited by ShopSFM; 12-14-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

What does a job like that cost, and were are you located at?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
DRKMATTER
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

imho...

1. To the O.P. you must be new here...I know this because you let your guy use a spray can without taping off the car (overspray) and I don't care how careful or experienced he is....overspray is measured in microns, only taping off the panels will protect from it. Most if not all members here look for good housekeeping items like I just mentioned when deciding on a Vendor to do business with, especially on a high end product.

2. You got defensive on the first (somewhat) negative post you got. A Vendor MUST always understand that they are posting their items for ALL to see in a public forum. Supporting Vendors do have rights when posting threads but members also have rights...Read the sticky's and get very familiar with them both.

3. Your shop (appears) to execute a high end install. If you want to win over member favor around here...post videos using blankets on fender covers when working on Corvettes. It means a lot to us to see a Shop do everything possible to protect our cars from getting scratched.

Please understand that I am just forwarding some ideas to you to help you improve your forum acceptance. I happen to love lambo doors on a C5 and if I were closer I would absolutley consider your shop. However, I would insist on some of the things I mentioned,....before letting you work on it.

Best of luck,

***EDIT*** I forgot to mention how much I appreciate the time and effort that went into producing this video!!! If I'm not mistaken, you may be the first person/vendor to post a step by step video on the process. THank you for taking the time to do this!

Last edited by DRKMATTER; 12-14-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

I totally appreciate your tips and will definitely take your advice. I've been posting on forums for the past 10 years or so, and I've learned each forum has its own feel and way of doing things. Having said that, pretty much all forums I've posted on get pretty heated when the discussion of the doors comes up. Its a very touchy topic on lots of forums for some reason. This forum for the most part seems to be one of the most easy going and accepting of this particular subject.

When I see people post up about how they'd never do this to their car, or question why others would do it, I do my best to provide an answer to them that is informative, yet not trying to sway them towards my opinion. After all, I'm an enthusiast too, and what I like is definitely not what some of my customers like. In a nutshell its just the good old saying "To each his own".

I am glad to get that bit of advice on my shop though. That will certainly be something you'll notice on our new videos to come. Customer is king around here, so if it means going above and beyond to create a feeling of confidence in my installers and my shop, then so be it! Also you're very welcome, and I look forward to bringing you more, only next time in HD
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
chevbowtie22
Instructor

Thank you for taking the time to give us a step by step video of this. To be honest I was one of the people that used to criticize lambo doors when I saw them at shows when they first started appearing. They were very poorly made, flimsy, and seemed extremely cheap for the ridiculous cost people were paying for them. Then as time has gone by I've come to be a little more open to them. I've seen some that were nicely made and reasonably priced. I've even helped install some on a 300C. Now as far as I know I've never seen a set from you guys on a show truck or car but is like to see some someday. I almost hate to say it but I.have been considering doing a set on my C5 in the future ...
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

I have some amazing shots of them on show cars and trucks. Put it this way, every Camaro or Challenger at SEMA this year that had the doors up had the VDI kit on them. But yeah if I can do anything to push you over the edge on doing up your C5, I can at least give you a deal nobody else could touch If you're anywhere remotely close to California then I could do even better since our install price is less than anywhere else We dont need to make a ton of money on the install, because you'll never be back for adjustments! If you do it right, you dont need a huge profit for all the return visits for adjustments down the road.

I know the next video I'm making, and its the destruction of at least 2 other door kits that we have here. I watched one of my buddies open up a brand new box, take the door hinge out of the plastic, and give a coupe good pounds on the shop floor today. Completely bent and destroyed the hinge, which was a copy of a Vertical Doors Inc. kit. Then he did it to another, lol. He said you could pound a VDI kit like that all day, and its just a completely different metal and quality.

Its not for everybody, but if most people saw what goes into making the quality kits and seeing an install in person, it is, if nothing else, a respectable product.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
(Lucy)
Account disabled by request Dec 2015

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome video!!
Lambo doors are for Lamborghini's however vertical doors are for Corvettes!!
Having Vertical doors on my ride definitely draws a crowd both young and old. I have received nothing but positive comments and even more when The Blue Dragon is seen in person.
Your company provides a great service and looking at your packed full garage looks like many people like your product!! Glad to have you as part of the Forum family!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
20vette0107fatboy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I must add, the Lamborghini is not the only car that has vertical doors. There are alot of sport cars that has vertical doors.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Wow. I didn't think anyone still put "Lambo" doors on cars anymore. Thought they went the way of "Heartbeat" graphics on lowered S10s. Definitely an "old news" fad, but that is cool that you guys still get a lot of business from these kinds of mods. I guess Vettes can kind of pull off such a thing.

Had to post this, though...

Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ShopSFM

Its not for everybody, but if most people saw what goes into making the quality kits and seeing an install in person, it is, if nothing else, a respectable product.
You guys did an install on my car last year. You gave me an exceptionally good deal, and I'm really glad I did it.

Get notified of new replies

To Lambo Doors Installation Video - 30 minutes of step by step

Old 12-15-2010, 12:31 PM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

Right on! Car looks great, we should get some pictures and a mod list and post it up on our site, ShopC5.com

Send me a PM if you get a minute

As far as these being something that nobody does anymore, I think the major factor there is that all the Chinese knock off companies are no longer making these, and the USA made kits are still selling. People like well made parts, and as long as there is a demand for parts that turn heads like these, they'll always be here. To be honest I already sold 2 kits this morning and its only 9:35 am, lol. People still love em!

Last edited by ShopSFM; 12-15-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 PM
DRKMATTER
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by ShopSFM
Right on! Car looks great, we should get some pictures and a mod list and post it up on our site, ShopC5.com

Send me a PM if you get a minute

As far as these being something that nobody does anymore, I think the major factor there is that all the Chinese knock off companies are no longer making these, and the USA made kits are still selling. People like well made parts, and as long as there is a demand for parts that turn heads like these, they'll always be here. To be honest I already sold 2 kits this morning and its only 9:35 am, lol. People still love em!
Right on I remember (not so long ago) people were complaining about the quality of the hinges but they were usually foreign made parts. If you have a quality product and do a good install at a reasonable price then who cares what the haters say...you get to ring the register and make people happy at the same time!

I'm glad you took my previous comments "constructivley" and you are def. correct...each forum has it's own flavor or feeling regarding certain mods. Best wishes
Old 12-15-2010, 01:39 PM
0ShopSFM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chuck A
What does a job like that cost, and were are you located at?
PM sent

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors Installation Video - 30 minutes of step by step