Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much Techron to use?

Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cirrus8 View Post
I do not know if the "cause and effect" issue is true in my fuel guage problem. When I first purchased my Vette in 2001, it began to have fuel guage problems. I did not know why and it persisted. I had approx 1 1/2 gallons of mixed gas for my two stroke snow blower and rather than waste it, I poured it into by Vette's tank---- and voila!!! the fuel guage started working again and has been working since. I add a four once bottle of two stroke oil to my tank approx every two months. Was this a "cause and effect" fix, I do not know. What I do know is that my fuel guage has worked perfectly regardless of the brand of fuel that I use in my Vette and the cost of the two stroke oil is less than $1 per bottle.
The reason we use Techron is to clean the sulfur on the fuel senders.

Any chemists out there who know whether 2 stroke oil has any effect on sulfur? I know Techron is formulated to do that.

I've used a different fuel system cleaner when I couldn't get Techron and it cleared the gauge issue. What I couldn't find out was whether the alternative was helping fix the specific issue. Even so, I only use Techron occasionally or if the gauge has a glitch.

I just feel a little hesitant to put oil in the gas tank. I would have thought the oil would cause deposits which may cause premature wear.

Last edited by DeeGee; 04-18-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 AM
04 commemorative
CF Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

and smoke
Old 04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
jedblanks
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vette.mix View Post
thats a new one
Actually, if you use outboard 2 cycle oil that's rated tcw3, then it's not all that new.

See this 50 page thread on ls1.com
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91206

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much Techron to use?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: