Sponsored by:

CA E.O numbers for air intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 PM
pat hodges
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA E.O numbers for air intake

What is the California Executive Order (E.O) Number for a CY 2001 BPP Vortex Rammer air intake system that uses a clear plastic air box?

Most people do not know the lengths to which the state of California will go in its never ending battle to make life diffiucult for those who live here. California licensed vehicles must have a smog check every two years. An LS-1 engine (C-5, Tahoe, Yuknon, Excalade) comes through the smog test as a zero emission vehicle. There are no brownie points for this. Instead, a vehicle will now fail the smog test for no other reason than the absence of an E.O. number pasted on after-market equipment. I had the BPP Vortex Rammer installed in 2001 - ten years before the bureaucratic beasties dreamed up E.O. Harassment. Now the car must sit until I find a number and get it onto a sticky-back label. Go figure.

Help will be appreciated,
Pat
Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
hattitude
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure it has an EO number? If it does, you should be able to find it here......

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

Good Luck...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
SueTaing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to California. It has always been this way. I just threw on a Carb EO stick I had from my last car. Was never questioned about it during the smog. My honda would be a different story :X
Old 04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
CaliforniaJack
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default No Problem

I made several improvements to my air intake, but they look like they belong there. I sail through Smog certification. Either tone down the appearance of your intake or swap in a stock intake for the test.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure the BPP doesnt have a CARB number. Theres only 3 CAI's I know of that have a CARB number. Honker, K&N, and aFe.

Get notified of new replies

To CA E.O numbers for air intake

Quick Reply: CA E.O numbers for air intake