Sponsored by:

Plasti Dipped my Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Neck Breaker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Oaf02Z
Alright guys i appreciate the opinions on the front bumper. Since i was on the fence about it you all pushed me in the right direction. So i just took off the front portion and took a pic to show you just how easy it comes off.

Good call on the front. It was too close to the break ducts. Do it again but leave few inches before the break ducts so you can see the silver of the front bumper. That what I did for my car. My edges are straight like yours but that little bit of color give it a better look. IMO I can try and take pictures tomorrow if you like.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwik01
lol. Thanks
Just for the record, that mod to the front is awesome. I hate to be a copy cat, but I am going to have my lower front PAINTED, thats how much I like the look, It matches my Tounau cover and my lower rear facia!

At least my car is MY also!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I would suggest you round off the front lower section like Qwik01 did. His looks great and flows with the lines of the C5. Sharp edges match better on a C6.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Oaf02Z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to do the foglight/blinker area first. i have to work all weekend so ill give it a shot on Monday.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Neck Breaker
Pro

Ok here what I did. Bad cell phone picture. Had to create a flicker account on my cell to post it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6277442...n/photostream/

Last edited by Neck Breaker; 05-12-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: link fixed
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Oaf02Z
Racer

^^ dont see anything
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Oaf02Z
Racer

I see the link now, sorry i must have looked over it. i think yours came out a little better. you didnt bring it all the way to the hole, i think that made the difference.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Neck Breaker
Pro

I see the link now, sorry i must have looked over it. i think yours came out a little better. you didnt bring it all the way to the hole, i think that made the difference.
Nah that was my fault. I was trying to post the link thru my droid. I end up going back on the computer to get it right. Still can't post a picture from my droid but oh well.

But yes your right. Don't bring it to the brake ducts. leave a little bumper showing. Either straight or round edges look good in that area. IMO. My came out straight because after 2 tries of trying to round it off like Qwik01 I said the hell with it.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am going to get some of this stuff!! I was on the fence about painting my rear lower bumper but if it comes off easy I am in.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Qwik01
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Just for the record, that mod to the front is awesome. I hate to be a copy cat, but I am going to have my lower front PAINTED, thats how much I like the look, It matches my Tounau cover and my lower rear facia!

At least my car is MY also!
I actually got the idea from a red zo6 on the forum that did his a while back but he has his squared off.

Im going to do the foglight/blinker area first. i have to work all weekend so ill give it a shot on Monday.
It's a bit difficult to do it around the fog area. Make sure you can see some reflection on the front of your car when you do it so you can mask right to the indent in the bumper. Took a me a little while to tape it just right. Use a 1/4" plastic pinstrip style tape first to get the line right then go back with masking tape outside of that. That way as soon as you are done shooting the last coat you can go ahead and start pulling that pinstripe off first.

Originally Posted by Neck Breaker
Ok here what I did. Bad cell phone picture. Had to create a flicker account on my cell to post it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6277442...n/photostream/
Looks good!

Originally Posted by Neck Breaker
Nah that was my fault. I was trying to post the link thru my droid. I end up going back on the computer to get it right. Still can't post a picture from my droid but oh well.

But yes your right. Don't bring it to the brake ducts. leave a little bumper showing. Either straight or round edges look good in that area. IMO. My came out straight because after 2 tries of trying to round it off like Qwik01 I said the hell with it.
lol. I squared off the edges and then came back with the 1/4" tape and eyed a good curve. Made measurements and copied it to the other side.

Quick Reply: Plasti Dipped my Z06