C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When to change 02 and coils???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Default When to change 02 and coils???

Ola amigo's,

I was checking out one of the threads yesterday about a vette that was on 2 guys garage and how they were "freshening" it up. I didn't get to see the episode but from what I got the ignition coils were bleeding juice and the 02 sensors were past their prime and needed to be changed. This all made me think as to when to change mine as I'm at the 90k mark. I tried searching online but didn't get much feedback about the coils and mixed idea's about changing the 02 sensor's. There isn't anything wrong with my car and the only problem I had with my 02 sensor is when I took it out of storage it through a code at me and the engine light came on. It said something about a bad 02 sensor. I just reset the code and was on my way with no performance issues. My gas mileage seems ok but maybe if I change the coils and 02 sensor it can be better?

So basically my question is this...would it be worth it to change the coils out for new ones and also the 02 sensor's? Which 02 sensor's do I change, the 2 before the cats, or the 2 after??? Or do I change all 4??? Any advice or experience's welcomed
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
cdkcorvette7
Tech Contributor

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having a ltft issue that I'm tracking down so I just tested my 02 sensors yesterday (my car has 95K miles on it) and all of them were reading within acceptable ranges except for one lazy one in the rear so I'll probably just change that one... I'd imagine you'll see a slight improvement in gas mileage if you change all of them...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Bump...

Get notified of new replies

To When to change 02 and coils???

Quick Reply: When to change 02 and coils???