Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to the wave?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Rob04C5LM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When someone doesn't wave back I just take it as a sign that they're a Corvette owner, but not really part of the Corvette community/family. By the time they're out of my view it's a distant thought. You shouldn't get too hung up on it.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
BigTattooMan
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I saw 3 Corvettes on the way to work today and got a wave from 2 of them.

There have been plenty of times where I didn't notice the Vette until it was to late
Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM
OUFAN76
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
We still wave in OKC!
That's exactly right. Some even still flash the V for Vette sign.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
jack706
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sfc rick
Been waving my freakin arm off for decades of riding bikes. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people getting their feelings hurt because some stranger who happens to ride/drive the same vehicle doesn't wave back.

Next thing I'm expecting to hear is how come someone doesn't wave back cause they have the same Toaster!

Can't people just deal with what they got and quite depending on strangers to wave back at them?
There's always gonna be that one last guy no one picks for their team.
i have a oster 4 slice with a bagel setting
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Tom Hudson
Burning Brakes

my wife & I went out to dinner tonight - a C6 pulled up along side of us at a stop light - I looked at the guy & gave a little wave - he just turned his head - i know the dick saw me - maybe he though I was hitting on him
Old 07-08-2011, 07:35 AM
DARRYLZO6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Hudson
my wife & I went out to dinner tonight - a C6 pulled up along side of us at a stop light - I looked at the guy & gave a little wave - he just turned his head - i know the dick saw me - maybe he though I was hitting on him
What happened to you isn't rare. I don't know why some C6 owners are that way. I get a lot more waves,and thumbs ups from C4,C5 owners all the time. Maybe because their cars are newer, older vettes are irrelevant. Once I pulled up next to a guy who was driving a Callaway Grand Sport convertible. I nodded and smiled at him , he looked at me, then turned back without returning the acknowledgment. Yeah. I thought he was an ******* too.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by vetdude
What happened to the wave?

Too many "see-and-be-seen" owners who could give a flying rodent's *** about tradition/heritage as long as they think they look good behind the wheel. Unfortunately for these people, no car has been made to date that can re-grow lost hair, darken graying hair, make you lose weight, and/or reverse the aging process.
Now that's funny! And don't try Grecian, it'll turn your hair green! Ask me how I know!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jack706
i have a oster 4 slice with a bagel setting
Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Kutal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DARRYLZO6
What happened to you isn't rare. I don't know why some C6 owners are that way. I get a lot more waves,and thumbs ups from C4,C5 owners all the time. Maybe because their cars are newer, older vettes are irrelevant. Once I pulled up next to a guy who was driving a Callaway Grand Sport convertible. I nodded and smiled at him , he looked at me, then turned back without returning the acknowledgment. Yeah. I thought he was an ******* too.
Further fortifies my theory. Kinda like the Borg mentality. "C5's are irrelevant."

See, looking at human psychology, if one tends to think that he is superior to another, the person will not acknowledge the another being. If one thinks that the other person is about the same or better, then he will acknowledge.

This is similar to a gym rat with bulging muscles not talking to a skinny dude at the gym, but you see him often conversing with an another muscle gym rat.

What I am trying to say is, when a C6 driver sees a C5, he will think,

"C5? I'm not waving back, he is inferior, I have a better C6, (I can afford a more expensive car) so don't talk to me, loser."

Last edited by Kutal; 07-08-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM
UncleFodder
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

The Wave is alive and well here in north Texas. My observation around this is that anyone driving a corvette older (C5 and older) than the current body style has the car because they *really* wanted it.

Waves I don't see are from women driving C6's, and I have to believe it's because they aren't driving a 'Corvette'...they are driving a 'label' that their husband/bf bought for them and they have no clue such that they might as well be driving any other high-end make/model vehicle.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
my02cents
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The wave is good here in Houston.

I have two things to say:
C6 owners always wave to me, I've only had a few that didn't but then again c5 owners have missed me a couple times too. I wonder what C4 guys have to say, because when I waved at one the other day he looked awfully excited that I did.

Secondly, does anyone have this toaster:

Please wave if you do!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I just drove 400 miles on a trip seen 4 vettes got 4 waves. The wave ain't dead.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Bad97ta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in norther california where there are several vettes on the road. i have not received a wave back in months. either people dont pay attention or they just dont want to for some reason. as a young corvette owner i dont want to bash the old generation who started this trend, but they seem like the ones that are letting it die. just my thoughts
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Tom Hudson
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bad97ta
im in norther california where there are several vettes on the road. i have not received a wave back in months. either people dont pay attention or they just dont want to for some reason. as a young corvette owner i dont want to bash the old generation who started this trend, but they seem like the ones that are letting it die. just my thoughts
No No No - Us old farts started it - why would we kill it? - I think it's the middle age guys with deep pockets who buys a Vette but their not really motor heads like a lot of us are - ????

Quick Reply: What happened to the wave?