Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Electric Help! Gauges Don't Work Can't Pull Codes DIC Reads Service Everything

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Need Electric Help! Gauges Don't Work Can't Pull Codes DIC Reads Service Everything

I was coming back from the store today and after I hit a bump suddenly my radio turned off and all the gauges(except speedo, tach, and battery) got pegged. The DIC started cycling through warning messages: Reduced Engine Power, Service Active Handling, Service Tire Pressure System, Low Fuel, etc...

I get home and try to pull codes and I get No Comm. for every controller that I try to access.

It appears that a few people have had this exact thing happen to them but they never posted what the problem was

I cleaned all the grounds. I also checked the BCM for moisture and found none. I am still suspecting the BCM but I'm not sure how to be certain. I also checked the door harnesses but didn't see any posible shorts.

Someone please help! I'm terrified of what it may be!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-02-2011, 09:36 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PROBLEM SOLVED! I found one thread where someone had the exact same problem. He spent months diagnosing it with Bill Curlee until he finally figured out that it was the seat control module. Realizing that I don't have a seat control module since I replaced my seats with viper seats, I immediately went to go see if the connector had somehow shorted. Sure enough, after I hit the bump, the connector landed on the seat bracket with the male pins all touching the same piece of metal, causing them to short.

Thank you Bill Curlee and Corvette forums for your excellent knowledge base!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
BadMedcn
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks very much SoDiezl350! I too have seat codes and have been having issues with the driver side seat. Although I have checked the seat and removed it.....I may not have looked close enough. I am seeing improvement with what Bill suggested yesterday when we spoke but still have a few codes popping up. Perhaps those come from the seat area.....as I have noticed that if I hit a hard bump i'll get the bouncy Tach/Speedo for a few seconds afterward...as if something is not tight enough. Ill let you know what happens.....Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To Need Electric Help! Gauges Don't Work Can't Pull Codes DIC Reads Service Everything

Quick Reply: Need Electric Help! Gauges Don't Work Can't Pull Codes DIC Reads Service Everything