Erics_02_z06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just ordered mine I'll let you guys know how it goes
Old 10-16-2011, 08:55 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Your the first mod I've seen to just delete the links instead f locking the thread. Thank you for doing this. I wish more mods did this
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

I"m looking, I can't find it.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 AM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought and installed one for my 02 about a month ago and have had zero issues with it.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 AM
SueTaing
Racer

I wonder if they would build and sell a 2" shorter radiator so I could run a 4" intake for my a&a :?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Erics_02_z06
Racer

Originally Posted by torkmonstr
I bought and installed one for my 02 about a month ago and have had zero issues with it.
did you notice improved cooling over your stock?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Please keep us members updated on ANY issues, good and bad, on this radiator. I am going to be buying a new radiator in the spring and I would like to save $400. Please also inform us of how much your temps have dropped. Thank you.

I am hoping this will be a good radiator!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

:
Originally Posted by SueTaing
I wonder if they would build and sell a 2" shorter radiator so I could run a 4" intake for my a&a :?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Well OP looks like you pissed off the competition with your "Illegal" links.

You'll prolly get banned.....

Lol Jk but most likely they noticed the mods you posted it. Sucks cause if that's a good radiator, looks like some "Companies" should try and revise there prices and cut the vette tax out lol

Great find OP, you duh man

That's hard to do when your product is made in the USA and the cheap one is made in China. I guess he could fire all of his employees and just resell the ones made in China. Isn't that how the USA got into this mess to begin with. Here is an idea, why don't we only buy stuff that is made in the US instead chasing the cheap way out. Eventually the US prices will come down, but at some point you have to put your foot down and do what is right for your country and not cater to another because they will sell it cheaper. I know this is only a small example and GM, Ford and all the car companies are doing it, but if enough people were to get there head out of the sand we could fix all of these problems. Personally I am sick of anything made overseas, the sad part is that some of it is good, but it is all tainted as I can see for now. I will pay more with smile on my face if it is made in the US. I don't have lots of funds personally to do that, but I save to get the right part as much as possible. As far as the rad, I would have put a stock one back in until I could have afforded the DeWitt. We all as whole have to start thinking about the bigger picture. BUY USA
Old 10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

^^lots of good points in your post, tell our president to set the right example, vs getting his custom bus made out of the country
Old 10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Yes I had a big improvement. I have a 160 t=stat but with the stock rad my car ran 200+ and now with the new rad installed it stays about 175 unless stuck in traffic the may get to 200 unless i kick on the a/c so the fan will kick on. When I finally get a tune I will fix that issue. The e-bay unit was half the price delivered and fit great.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 AM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What is the web site?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:37 AM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Just do a eBay search for c5 corvette radiator. I would love to always by American made but it the imports can produce and ship it half way around the world and still be cheaper on the pricing either the US manufacturer is gouging or they need better raw material suppliers. And before I flame that comment I am in the manufacturing industry myself so I do see the gouging that suppliers try to pull off. It's not wonder the US has lost so much to overseas
Old 10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Zip Corvettes

Just do a eBay search for c5 corvette radiator. I would love to always by American made but it the imports can produce and ship it half way around the world and still be cheaper on the pricing either the US manufacturer is gouging or they need better raw material suppliers. And before I flame that comment I am in the manufacturing industry myself so I do see the gouging that suppliers try to pull off. It's not wonder the US has lost so much to overseas
I somewhat agree, but that does not fix the problem by going overseas. You still have to pay employee health care, business have to pay for all the ones who are also not working. It does add up and the price on parts do go up, but then when you buy from overseas to save a buck more people lose jobs. At some point it will effect the business you are in, it will with everybody unless you work for the govt. It has to stop somewhere, I am only one person and I have made my decision, same with our company, we strive to only have a US part. Obviously on some things we do not have a choice, but when we do, it is made in the USA.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by peter pan
^^lots of good points in your post, tell our president to set the right example, vs getting his custom bus made out of the country
Awesome isn't it. Looks like Mr. Cain is getting someone worried, now they are saying he is not really black! go figure.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
That's hard to do when your product is made in the USA and the cheap one is made in China. I guess he could fire all of his employees and just resell the ones made in China. Isn't that how the USA got into this mess to begin with. Here is an idea, why don't we only buy stuff that is made in the US instead chasing the cheap way out. Eventually the US prices will come down, but at some point you have to put your foot down and do what is right for your country and not cater to another because they will sell it cheaper. I know this is only a small example and GM, Ford and all the car companies are doing it, but if enough people were to get there head out of the sand we could fix all of these problems. Personally I am sick of anything made overseas, the sad part is that some of it is good, but it is all tainted as I can see for now. I will pay more with smile on my face if it is made in the US. I don't have lots of funds personally to do that, but I save to get the right part as much as possible. As far as the rad, I would have put a stock one back in until I could have afforded the DeWitt. We all as whole have to start thinking about the bigger picture. BUY USA
You are telling people, in one of the worst economic times in this Country, to spend extra money on a radiator made in the USA vs a radiator made in China. If it weren't for China we would be much worse off than we are now. The Corvette is one of the only American cars I would ever consider owning. Until American car companies make a car that will hold up like a Japanese, I don't see anything wrong with putting overseas parts on it.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:56 PM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

just wait till all the parts are made overseas or Mexico and we just put it together here ..... oh wait! that's what we're doing now!

Get notified of new replies

To Found: A cheaper priced all Aluminum Radiator

Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by printmanjackson
just wait till all the parts are made overseas or Mexico and we just put it together here ..... oh wait! that's what we're doing now!
In our town they build Tundras
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
C5FORFUN2
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
In our town they build Tundras
Yes but where do the profits go?
The following users liked this post:
bajapointe (10-30-2015)
Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C5FORFUN2
Yes but where do the profits go?
Reinvested into employees and production facilities in the US through growth of the company - as well as enrichment of US stockholders.

Quick Reply: Found: A cheaper priced all Aluminum Radiator