Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 11:14 PM
rjcruz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters

Pending the resolution of some number issues, I would like to solicit advise or feedback from those of you who purchased from Maxie/Monica regarding car transporters. Monica provided Horseless Carriage, Exotic Transport and Passport Transport. Here are my questions:

Is there a preferred company?
Any do's or don'ts?
What was your approximate cost, delivery time and destination?

Thanks in advance for your valued advice :)
Old 05-11-2002, 11:18 PM
ZO6LS6
Drifting

Default Re: Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters (rjcruz)

rj, make SURE that MAXIE "GUARANTEE's", that there is ZERO damage on the rocker panels, and fenders BEFORE you fork over the cash.........
I would say, at least 10% or more of all new Vette's are coming into dealers with this damage.......
I would not purchase the car, UNLESS this condition is met............been there, done that, and it ain't no fun :boxing :boxing :mad
Old 05-12-2002, 01:44 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Re: Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters (rjcruz)

Mine was shipped by Intercity Lines. Very professional. Van had elevator, no ramps.

Link is to my delivery.

The best,

John :hat

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/john_j_re...tos.yahoo.com/
http://www.intercitylines.com/
Old 05-13-2002, 12:57 AM
rjcruz
Cruising

Default Re: Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters (2k Cobra)

Just requested a quote ;)
Old 05-14-2002, 12:47 AM
hasbro
Racer

Cruise-In II Veteran

Just saw your post..... I used Passport Transport to ship a 1970 Challenger R/T from St Louis to the Raleigh, NC area. Their service was outstanding and they too very good care of the car. They even washed it when it arrived (despite me telling them they didn't have to). They were going to wax it as well and I told them not to since I planned to hit the new paintjob with some Zaino soon.... Their trucks are all enclosed, double deckers. Very friendly and on time.... ;)
Old 05-14-2002, 12:58 AM
corvetteseller
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters (hasbro)

I used passport one time, and one time only, for a transport to CA. The car
arrived very dirty....had not been on truck the whole time........noticed that
they washed yours, why?

With intercitylines, the car comes off the trailer one time, at delivery. It arrives
in the same condition that it went into the trailer. Noted that passport puts
plastic directly on the vehicle, with intercity, they cover the lower vehicles with
a clean cotton blanket, and then plastic to protect from drips.

For my customer's money, there is only one worthy transporter.

Get notified of new replies

To Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters

Quick Reply: [Z06] Final Stages of Negotiations with Monica/Maxie-Need Advise on Car Transporters