Sponsored by:

Are young guys into cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedRocket
I think that you should have spent more time on your English homework instead of working on cars...
At least he used one period in this post.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ay-speeds.html

Last edited by Bluefire; 02-07-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Keith Hoffman
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 17 and am enjoying my C4 as I did two years ago when I bought it. After seven years of mowing and picking peaches, I bought what had been a dream. I love cars and after spending time with my father tearing into mine, I feel like I'm learning what should be essential to all teenagers.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
corvetteandsilverado
Pro

lol just because I'm not an English major doesn’t mean I can't share my thoughts or feelings towards a situation. Maybe I could go back and reread my post; sorry if it wasn’t up to the normal English standards and I'll strive to uphold the corvette standard. I was unaware of the need to use proper grammar in a forum and thought quick and easy response weren’t frowned upon. Thanks again for showing your outstanding abilities to search some of my post I promise to try and achieve a much higher standard. Thanks again for pointing that out DICK

Last edited by corvetteandsilverado; 02-07-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: English apparently isnt't my strong point
Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteandsilverado
lol just because I'm not an English major doesn’t mean I can't share my thoughts or feelings towards a situation. Maybe I could go back and reread my post; sorry if it wasn’t up to the normal English standards and I'll strive to uphold the corvette standard. I was unaware of the need to use proper grammar in a forum and thought quick and easy response weren’t frowned upon. Thanks again for showing your outstanding abilities to search some of my post I promise to try and achieve a much higher standard. Thanks again for pointing that out DICK
Do try old boy, I have also noticed your lack of proper grammer!
I often sit before my screen while drinking my tea and enjoying my "crumpets" or an open face sandwich [Gray Poupon" of course!
Good luck "Old Bean"
Winston
Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Frank, I noticed it too, and was quite confused at times. (it wasn't the worst run-on sentence I've ever seen) I was an educator for 36 years, then a consultant at a chemical plant for 3. I was a Metal Shop teacher for 4 years and that is where my heart still is. It's not a question of 'normal English standards". If for no reason other than precision, proper English and sentence structure is very important for our hobby, as well as all of the vocations that are related. In fact, I can't think of one occupation that clear communication is not important. What may be correct in a casual, social interplay does not work in an environment where doing/saying/writing something EXACTLY as it should be followed by the reader/listener is unimportant. Believe me, I'm not a grammarian, but I try to be clear when I give instruction or express my thoughts. I'm sure you are a talented guy, and I BET you are a source of info. for your friends/relatives. Ever have anyone ask you a question about a more-than-simple procedure and they start in the middle? I've annoyed people countless times because I make them back up and present the scenario to me in a logical order that I can understand. This way I can give them a complete answer. I mean no malice here. As many of my students would say: 'you know what I'm sayin?"
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

: I've annoyed people countless times because I make them back up and present the scenario to me in a logical order that I can understand.

I bet thats the truth! Don't sweat it Frank, your a car guy and a Vette man and thats good enough for me!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
AU Eagle
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11, '14

Originally Posted by jrose7004
If they're into cars it's Honda's and Toyota's and such. Definately not American V8's.
I'm 22 now...but even when I was 13...it was always GM muscle for me...My dad owned quite a few different cars as a kid and he always told me about them.

I have an appreciation for all cars...including the foreign cars...but to me...there is nothing better than the V8 rumble and roar.

My iPhone has nothing but car pics on it...I'm always downloading and saving or taking pictures of cars/trucks...anything with a motor.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

You're welcome.

It wasn't that hard of a search. Your other post just happened to be the last post I read.

As I mentioned, I suck at English too. I just found it humorous that I was able to notice it. No harm intended.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm 22, and I'm definitely into cars. I have a '99 Z28 and a '03 Corvette.. It's ALWAYS been American Muscle for me, better yet, ALWAYS a Chevy A Corvette gets the girls attention, not a stupid hatchback honda with a fart can on it
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 AM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdman
I'm 24 and have owned:

'86 CJ-7
'98 Wrangler Sport
'00 Corvette Convertible
'94 Fiat Uno-45
'98 BMW 318is
'68 Corvette Convertible
'06 Nissan Sentra
'04 Mazda RX-8
'01 Corvette Z06

You could say that I was, and am, a car guy..
I don't really consider 24 "young" but its cool your into cars. I think he's talking about high school age 15-18.

Quick Reply: Are young guys into cars?