Sponsored by:

Going to a dealer friend to find a C5

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
dacfan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to a dealer friend to find a C5

It's time to find another C5. I've been perfectly happy with older ones before so I am shooting for the same now. I will be asking him to find me a '97 and up with 100k miles or less for between $12-14k. I know '01 and up is a more refined car with repairable ebcm but I'm looking to stay on the cheap and I turn my own wrench a good bit.
My question from forum members are: What is current average wholesale for a 100k '97,'98,'99 car? and since he will finance the car am I shooting too low or high asking for one between $12-14k? Is that too little or too much to be realistic?

It's been a while since I was car shopping and just based on dealer prices on the retail sites, $13-14 seems to be the magic number. I've got down payment money but don't have the cash to buy one outright, credit union won't finance a car that old so I'm at the dealer's in-house financing mercy. He's worked with me with very reasonable rates before so I'm not getting taken for a ride but I don't want to insult him in the search. Any input on current market prices would be great. Thanks guys!!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
jdub2k5
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at a dealer 12-15

local seller on craigslist, this forum, newspaper 10-12

I see em all day for under 14(however I found a 99 vert at a dealer with 120k miles for 19k... they offered me 4.5 for my 15k dollar car)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
dacfan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input Jdub. Anyone else care to weigh in. You guys have always given excellent info in the past

Get notified of new replies

To Going to a dealer friend to find a C5

Quick Reply: Going to a dealer friend to find a C5