Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best cop moments?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

cops in my state aren't nearly that easy going. i've spent the night in jail at the hands of these guys roughly 10 years ago when the street racing scene was big. it's expensive, not fun, jail food sucks. people snicker when they run your background check

least my ten years is up on that last part
Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
GySgt1811
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Free race with State Trooper

Great stories!

This past June my wife and I are on I-65 South heading for our first trip to the Corvette Museum. We're in our "New-to-us" and our "first" 'vette, a Maggie Red '99 6spd. I've got the cruise on 70, the speed limit, and about 35 miles North of Bowling Green. I pull out into the fast lane to pass 6, count 'em 6, semi's each doing about 67 mph.

I've got the first truck to be passed just off my right rear quarter panel and it's going to take me about 3 miles at our respective speeds for me to pass this caravan. Suddenly, the car behind me darts back behind the rear semi and I see in my mirror a KY State Trooper doing warp six and coming on fast. If I slow down to fall behind the rear truck I'll get a Crown Vic in the shorts. There's no place to pull over to the right between the trucks, and if I stay at the limit it'll take maybe 10 minutes to get clear.

So, I yells to my wife, "FREEBIE!" I double clutch down to third and nail it; catch fourth about 90 and see just under 120 as I clear the last truck, pull to the right and cinch her down to 70 again. When the Trooper finally passed me he was laughing and gave me a big wave. I just smiled and waved back. Of course I had to listen to my wife P&M for the next 30 miles.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
BlackY2KCorvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GySgt1811
Great stories!

This past June my wife and I are on I-65 South heading for our first trip to the Corvette Museum. We're in our "New-to-us" and our "first" 'vette, a Maggie Red '99 6spd. I've got the cruise on 70, the speed limit, and about 35 miles North of Bowling Green. I pull out into the fast lane to pass 6, count 'em 6, semi's each doing about 67 mph.

I've got the first truck to be passed just off my right rear quarter panel and it's going to take me about 3 miles at our respective speeds for me to pass this caravan. Suddenly, the car behind me darts back behind the rear semi and I see in my mirror a KY State Trooper doing warp six and coming on fast. If I slow down to fall behind the rear truck I'll get a Crown Vic in the shorts. There's no place to pull over to the right between the trucks, and if I stay at the limit it'll take maybe 10 minutes to get clear.

So, I yells to my wife, "FREEBIE!" I double clutch down to third and nail it; catch fourth about 90 and see just under 120 as I clear the last truck, pull to the right and cinch her down to 70 again. When the Trooper finally passed me he was laughing and gave me a big wave. I just smiled and waved back. Of course I had to listen to my wife P&M for the next 30 miles.
OMG ...that just made my week! awesome !!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Na4now
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuesday, I was stopped by west baton rouge sheriffs dept. They were in the median, on i10. I was doing the speed limit, obeying the traffic laws.

When I passed the cops in the median, I turned and looked at them. One of them looked up, made eye contact,....then hit the lights, and stomped the gas. He said I was pulled over for traveling in the left lane,...and when I went past him, I was indeed passing in the left lane (69 in a 70 btw, with the cruise set).

They asked me to get out, and within a couple minutes, had a dog running around the car. I was detained for an hour, in cuffs, before being let go, without even a ticket (didn't break any laws). I talked to a lawyer that said I have a winnable case, but it's not worth enough money, since it was only an hour of illegal arrest.

edit: I just want to add, that while I was standing in cuffs with my hands behind my back, the cops literally pulled out a clip tool, and pulled every panel in the trunk, removed the back seat, ect. I f this sounds strange to you guys, I also should add that I am heavily tattooed, and have long hair. This certainly wasnt the first time this has happened. It's been more times than I can keep up with.

Last edited by Na4now; 11-01-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 PM
LS2NSUV
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little over 14 years ago the wife and I were searching for a new house in SoCal. To save time for both parties, our realtor would fax us addresses of potential homes to view externally and we would simply do a drive by to see if it had promises.

One prospective home I went to look at had a few people outside in the front yard as I was doing my drive by. Upon doing a quick once over at the house and saw that it had no RV access, one of our priorities, I proceeded by and flipped a u-turn a couple houses up.

Now as i came back by the dwelling once more and got a better look at the subjects in the yard I realized, with the markings on their jackets, these were DEA agents. Two of them at this time were entering their unmarked 2-door T-bird with all windows tinted in privacy. Keep that in mind for later in the story. They proceeded to tail me.

Now it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that I looked very suspicious at that moment in time when I did my drive by. So I'm assuming they are going to want to question me, but because of the fact that I've done no wrong, I'm going to have fun with this.

Now it's about 10 miles back to my home. Mostly freeway. They are trying to be stealthy by keeping back a couple hundred yards, but to me it was quite obvious that I'm being stalked. I changed lanes more than a handful of times to which they followed suite. I even attempted to egress the offramp before my usual exit, which is a must exit, and they shadowed me until I pulled back in the advancing lane to put myself into the next exit where I wanted to be.

To somewhat shorten the story, they finally light me up when I enter my neighborhood by, no joke, manually attaching to the roof their Starsky and Hutch magnetic flashing red dome light. I'm now about four or five houses away from where our present home is located.

They both approach my truck from different sides and angles. Both still in there DEA jackets. The agent that came to my drivers side ASKED me if I knew that I had tinted windows. Like who doesn't know that their windows have been tinted. Okay, I'll play. Now mine was about a 30% tint. Not much at all. I politely informed him that my tint, in my opinion, was not as dark as his. Without responding to my comment, he added that any degree of tint in the drivers glance area is illegal.
I looked him square in the eyes and ask him, " you followed me all the way from that home to ask me that." Even to my surprise, he stood there dumb founded and there was a very noticeable pause. Like he thought he was being so surreptitious.

He then asked me what I was doing in the area and why I was so interested on what was going on at the house. Obviously there was some kind of drug thing going down and I was seen as some sort of buyer/seller. Politely again, I informed him, with the fax from my realtor in hand, that the house was for sale and I was simply doing a drive by to get a feel for any potential it might have had. No RV access so no interest. But I also added that when one sees a situation of 5 or 6 DEA agents hanging in a front yard, it might get a stare or two. We both smiled and he sent me on my way, never even asking for license and/or registration.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Couple of quick ones...

I was DD'ing for a friend one night, and when we finally left the bar and headed home, last minute on the freeway he says "oh take this exit". I glance over my shoulder and notice there's a car the next lane over to the right about par with my rear fender, and the exit's coming up quick. It's dark and I'm lookin back at headlights, so I don't think twice, gun it, get over, and immediately get lit up. While the cop's giving my license a check back at his car, my buddy leans over and says "Think he'll let us go if I puke on his shoes?". I strongly suggested otherwise!

------

Another time, I was heading home from running something to the post office (at 1 am, really needed to be out the next day). I get off the freeway at our exit, and as I'm sitting at the light, I notice there's a car right up my ***, but still far enough back that I'm seeing nothing but headlights.

I turn the corner and run it up to the posted speed limit of 45 quick to get away from this jerk. I get up to my turn-off and get in the left turn lane... and the cop, who's been right behind me til then goes by looking over all angry. I make the turn and he guns it up to the nearest U-turn point.

Once you get into my area it's a lot of left and right turns, but he caught up to my right quick and lit me up. He asks me why I was speeding, and I say the honest truth that I didn't realize it was a cop behind me, just that I thought it was someone getting a little too close for comfort. Then he asks about the speed and I said "I was just accelerating to the posted limit". He asks about the lack of a front plate, and I say (again, honest truth) "It was like that when I bought the car". When he looks at my license and says "you live around here?" I say yah, just down the street. The guy was about my age, and we end up talking about high schools we went to and all that for a while. Turns out the reason he'd pulled me over (besides the acceleration) was cause I had my hoodie up (cold night) and thought I was trying to evade him. In the end, no ticket "have a nice night".
Old 11-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

One of my best friends in high school became a cop.He would stop me whenever he saw me. I would always make a run for it for a little ways. then stop. One time i got out and fell on the ground and made it look like he was beating me. Passing cars doing double takes.

Anyway, one evening my wife and I were leaving a Sears store. He was there and offered us a ride to our car.

We got in our car and pulled out of the parking lot and stopped at a major intersection at the light. He pulls up on our right and starts reving up the cruiser. So I rev back. Light changes and it is on.

We are in a dead heat when we pass another cop giving some guy a ticket. You couldn't believe the look on that cops face.

We ran up to about 90 then quit. I can't remember who won.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Had a woman that we arrested remove and throw a Tampon at one of my officers in the processing area. Fortunately, she had been drinking and her aim was off.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,309 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

My nickname was "frigid four-barrel" so my cop stories are few.

Quick Reply: Best cop moments?