Sponsored by:

[Z06] Picked Up My 03Z & Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
havinnoj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked Up My 03Z & Questions

Hey guys - after reading through a lot of info here I've picked up a TR 2003 Z06. It's a super-clean, 26k mile car with exhaust, intake, and a few basic cosmetic mods - all for $22k!

I do have a couple of questions:
-What is the exhaust on the car?
-The trunk will pop but I have to pull up the driver's side corner to open it ..normal?
-Do I need a Pfadt camber kit for lowering the car with Featherlight coilovers?

The plan for the car is suspension, cosmetic stuff, stereo, and then forced induction!

Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Seraphus
Instructor

I can only answer the trunk question for you, yes lol.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Exhaust looks like GHL Bullets - EXCELLENT exhaust. Most people on the forum who buy this exhaust never buy another one, so you're all set there.

Yes, the trunk issue is a common one. Just go to http://www.c5trunkpopper.com/ for an easy fix.

You shouldn't need a camber kit with coilovers (but I am no suspension expert). I had Pfadt coilovers put on my car by a racing shop 2 years ago and when I bought the set it didn't include any camber kit. Just the coilovers.

Congrats on the car!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Have to post some pics, we want to see!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:28 PM
LS2NSUV
Burning Brakes

Try a little lubricant on the latch mechanism before you purchase that (imho) ugly friggin' trunk popper. Worked for me.

Mine only opened about 1/4" until I sprayed a little silicone spray in it. Now it pops open about 1"-1 1/4".
Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
havinnoj
Instructor

Thanks guys - the trunk popper looks promising, but I tried oil and it seemed to help but it's not coming up quite an inch yet. I will pick up something that allows me to get in the tight places. I will post pics as soon as the Oregon weather clears up! I'm sure you can all imagine a clean TR Z06 with chrome wheels!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by havinnoj
Hey guys - after reading through a lot of info here I've picked up a TR 2003 Z06. It's a super-clean, 26k mile car with exhaust, intake, and a few basic cosmetic mods - all for $22k!

I do have a couple of questions:
-What is the exhaust on the car?
-The trunk will pop but I have to pull up the driver's side corner to open it ..normal?
-Do I need a Pfadt camber kit for lowering the car with Featherlight coilovers?

The plan for the car is suspension, cosmetic stuff, stereo, and then forced induction!

Congratulations on the new car!

The Camber kit isn't required for use with our FeatherLight Coilovers. The camber kit isn't really about adding much additional alignment adjustment range, and more about eliminating the eccentric bolts which are known to slip on track. Infact there is a thread about this right now in the autox/road race section which shows exactly this: Factory Alignment eccentrics slipping on track. We experienced this with our own race cars and developed a camber kit which eliminates the eccentric bolts and locks in the alignment with a series of plates and shims. After the camber kit install you can be assured your alignment isn't going to slip.

If you're tracking the car more than a few times a year we definitely recommend the camber kit. If you're driving on the street for the most part you will be probably fine without it, so long as your alignment tech does a good job during your alignment session.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
havinnoj
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Congratulations on the new car!

The Camber kit isn't required for use with our FeatherLight Coilovers. The camber kit isn't really about adding much additional alignment adjustment range, and more about eliminating the eccentric bolts which are known to slip on track. Infact there is a thread about this right now in the autox/road race section which shows exactly this: Factory Alignment eccentrics slipping on track. We experienced this with our own race cars and developed a camber kit which eliminates the eccentric bolts and locks in the alignment with a series of plates and shims. After the camber kit install you can be assured your alignment isn't going to slip.

If you're tracking the car more than a few times a year we definitely recommend the camber kit. If you're driving on the street for the most part you will be probably fine without it, so long as your alignment tech does a good job during your alignment session.
Thank you for the information - just what I was hoping to hear. Keep an eye out for my Featherlight order that I just placed with TPS. I can't wait to get them on the car!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 PM
MazdaRob
Instructor

Originally Posted by havinnoj
Thank you for the information - just what I was hoping to hear. Keep an eye out for my Featherlight order that I just placed with TPS. I can't wait to get them on the car!
Just shut the door with the windows closed. It will raise the trunk lid
Old 06-09-2012, 12:21 AM
havinnoj
Instructor

Originally Posted by MazdaRob
Just shut the door with the windows closed. It will raise the trunk lid
Haha yeah I noticed that.. kind of impractical when I need to get into the trunk with full hands!

Get notified of new replies

To Picked Up My 03Z & Questions

Quick Reply: [Z06] Picked Up My 03Z & Questions