Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
goober51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chevy mechanic recommended that I get the rings repl while under warranty, even though my '01 was not using much oil..he repl the rings in '03 or '04..It hasnt used anyoil since..
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
LS1_Power
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brucemac64
three weeks ago I bought a beautiful 2001 with 78,000 miles that was showroom nice for $17,000!!!

Keep looking!!!!
Sweet Deal Man!

Originally Posted by goober51
I am trying to get 18K for my 2001 coupe. 1 owner,garaged,ec, no mods, M6 pm me
Thanks but I prefer to look locally first and if my luck runs out. Ill holler at ya.

Originally Posted by allred
GM's bulletin statement said it was only the LS6, but if you read through the many forums there are many, many instances of the same problem with LS1 convertibles and coupes. The problem only seemed to show up during certain driving conditions/rev ranges, and these conditions seemed to be the most easily replicated with manual transmissions. The problem was found to be a piston ring "anomaly" and changes were made for 2002, and the "problem" went away. It was not a problem for all, some people had high oil consumption, others didn't......a lot of it depended on how the car was driven and if it was held at rpms over 3,500 for periods of time.

It may not be a deal breaker when looking for a used C5, but why go there. There are thousands of C5s to choose from, and the later model years have all the bugs fixed, came with many options as standard and can be bought for prices only mildly above earlier years. There's nothing wrong in buying an earlier year C5, there are many beautiful examples out there, but taking the later model year is just a smarter decision.
Oh yeah, Good to know!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM
goober51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_Power
Sweet Deal Man!

Thanks but I prefer to look locally first and if my luck runs out. Ill holler at ya.

Oh yeah, Good to know!
10-4..u can chk my car out on cars.com..where abouts do u live? goober
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
LS1_Power
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goober51
10-4..u can chk my car out on cars.com..where abouts do u live? goober
Tennessee. Weather sucks. Lol But can't complain, it's a lot better than my home town; Ohio.

Quick Reply: Good Price?