Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
maxx2200
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CQRT
OK . . I'll go for it since nobody else has . .

Pic of Ex-wife ??
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Jees, when my wife of many many years first saw my vette.....she took me to bed.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

You know the saying! " you never truly know a woman till you meet her in court"
Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Suthunman
What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.

You know what they say about divorces in Arkansas. Even though you're divorced, you are still legally brother and sister. Just kidding!!! Couldn't resist! I love Arkansas and the people (except B. Clinton and manwife Hilary) there. Spent many a summer vacationing in the Ozarks. I still go over when I visit my Dad in Joplin. Beautiful country.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
As a 24 year old single man I can safely say that stories like these have convinced me to never get married. The few years of being "in love" with an inevitable painful divorce to come just aren't worth it.
When I was younger, a friend of mine got married. He owned a mint 1998 C5 coupe with low miles. He also had a truck which he drove for work. His new wife talked him into trading his mint Corvette for a mini van due to her being pregnant. Fast forward two years, the wife cheats on him, they get divorced and is still paying off her mini van plus CS. Ouch!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm happy that my 27year marriage is over and the Judge brought that gavel down so hard on her and her attorney. Both blood sucking leaches went away with nothing....well except the 50% equity in our home, which I gladly gave her the check. She wanted my royalties and part of my VA disability and SS Disability(illegal to do by the way). Once paperwork was finilaized I terminated my royalties, which literally had them both screaming with rage.

I hate women that feel like husbands owe them everything....most disgusting.

I have the greatest woman ever today, far better than the ex could ever be!!!!

Now my poor son has a woman continually dragging him to court over CS payments and amounts all time. Why can't these animals just move on?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by o2bnkc
You know what they say about divorces in Arkansas. Even though you're divorced, you are still legally brother and sister. Just kidding!!! Couldn't resist! I love Arkansas and the people (except B. Clinton and manwife Hilary) there. Spent many a summer vacationing in the Ozarks. I still go over when I visit my Dad in Joplin. Beautiful country.
My sister and I never got along very well. So I wound up having to marry outside the family! .
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

My sister and I never got along very well. So I wound up having to marry outside the family! .
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.
This is how it works in Nebraska too. It's all based on your income. A person could own several Lamborghinis, and it wouldn't factor into the amount of CS they're required to pay.

If it is the same in Illinois, Suthunman is right. In fact if your income truly was/has decreased, you could've/should've taken her to court to modify the decree.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Move on!

Do what's right - always two sides to every story. To bad the child is the one who really suffers.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Oh 2 Fun
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '13, '15

Yes, I've been jerked around by an X, even when I was raising one of my sons by myself for seven years. Verbal agreements were lost in the wind and she messed with me whenever she could. With what I was paying, my kids should have been attending school in tuxedos and eating prime rib......no......beer and cigarettes for Mom and new husband.

I withheld some CS because she changed visitation on her own and she turned me into the state. It was the best thing that happened because the state has a formula that doesn't see torch red Corvettes.

So....if you haven't already, let the your state figure the amount.

For me, it was about the kids....for her...it was the $$$

Now my kids are grown and love me deeply while thinking their Mom is too psycho. It all pays off in the end if you have integrity and love.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
If your overall income is down then go to court and present the proof and the paperwork for the car and get the CS lowered and then take a pic of her screaming!
However if what you are paying now is actually going to the child and not putting a crimp in your ability to live a decent life, then maybe agree to leave it the same for the child's sake.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

just point out to the judge you were on the skids and had to buy an economy car...one with 32 mpg highway.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

And this is why I refuse to get married...it just doesn't mean what it use to and there is no thing to gain. People can still live happily ever after regardless.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
However if what you are paying now is actually going to the child and not putting a crimp in your ability to live a decent life, then maybe agree to leave it the same for the child's sake.

I agree in principal......however, I've never seen an Ex-husband that thought all the money was going to the child.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is sad. Makes me appreciate my wife of 40 yrs even more. She supports my love of sports cars and my fanatical love of golf and encourages me to play when I want. She's even told me I can buy a NEW Vette if I want one. I told her that was too much but I'd try to find a late model used one sometime this year. Gonna sell my 04 first though. My daughter and her husband have been divorced just over a year now and our grandson has to spend a good deal of every day with us since his Mom commutes a good distance to work and back daily. His dad lives about an hour drive from here and only wants to see the boy every other weekend and he pays NO child support! He doesn't contribute anything to the child's welfare. He was useless from the day they married. I never saw such a lazy, worthless, human being. Going to stop ranting now but I it must be realized that there are two sides to every divorce; some more legitimate than the other.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 PM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And women wonder why we dont want to get married.....LMAO, Oh yeah I'll marry you so we can get pissed at each other and you leave and then you want half pr more of everything ive worked my *** off for...yeah right!

Get notified of new replies

To Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Truly sad, but the courts have done more to discourage marriage than any other institution in this country, save the Federal government.

Gonna be interesting when gays start divorcing. Who naturally gets to play the role of the woman in this case? The **** or the male figure?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

After you win, and you will after showing the receipts and proof of the cars age, tell the Biotch that you're no longer under her thumb and you'll drive whatever the hell you want to drive.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I respect all the advice but...this was a tough year for my family - both sons divorced. My younger one needed a car anyway since his Jeep was about to die. I bought him the car and the title and registration is in my name.
Transfer the Vette to someone you can trust-perhaps family.
Done

Quick Reply: Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/