Sponsored by:

Another Corbeau A4 thread....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
no vet yet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Corbeau A4 thread....

Holy cow these are awesome! I knew the C5 seats were bad but man, there is no comparison. Thanks Mike at TPS.

The install wasn't too bad. I did cut off the seat belt nubs on the door side of each bracket. I don't know how they would've fit without doing that.

The adjustments are definitely limited compared to my full power and lumbar sport seats but I can live without it. I actually like not having the seat move back when I shut off the car. And wasn't a huge fan of the memory option. I can live without it. I don't feel like they lean forward either like some folks are saying.

Now...what shall I do with my stockers??? Sell or make some really cool office chairs??? Hmmm...

Last edited by no vet yet; 06-25-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM
no vet yet
Instructor

Last edited by no vet yet; 06-25-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM
PryOpenUr3rdEye
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
no vet yet
Instructor

Originally Posted by PryOpenUr3rdEye
Looks good
Thanks!

Just to add incase someone else who is installing these stumbles across this thread, if you have a power telescopic steering wheel and the memory option, you will need to leave the power seat module plugged in and under the new seats. If you don't the telescopic wheel will not work.

Also, when I was doing research, everyone mentioned putting the driver's seat on the passenger side and vice versa but it was never super clear about the brackets. So here you go: driver's side bracket gets mounted to the passenger seat and mounted on the driver's side of the car and vice versa. It's somewhat obvious when you are doing the install but hopefully this will save someone some time.

I swear my car handles twice as good as before....probably the best "handling" mod you can do.

Oh yeah...I forgot to thank $$$frumnuttin (sp) for the brackets. That guy is a class act.

Last edited by no vet yet; 06-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 180 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by no vet yet
I swear my car handles twice as good as before....probably the best "handling" mod you can do.
Looks great ! ! !

I agree... one of the best performance mods I did to my car.
I never realized how much I was fighting to stay upright instead of driving the car.

Any seat the holds you in better than stock will give you MORE confidence driving.
It just makes the car more fun to drive.

Toque
Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 410 Likes on 328 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Looks good! What bracketry did you use?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 PM
no vet yet
Instructor

Originally Posted by 'Shifter
Looks good! What bracketry did you use?
I used Corbeau brackets. They were labeled as brackets for a C6 but they fit fine. They are a different part number than the C5 brackets. Not sure why???
Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Those look great, assume exit/entry is not to impaired?

Also I read a few posts that say refurbishing existing C5 seats is better, not sure why?

Not really a fan of the support of the stocks, so for the price of new A4 you get better support and brand new seats, sounds like a no brainer, any drawbacks to consider?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Congrats! They look awesome. After i'm done with my current project those are next on the list.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a set late last year and I installed them in the vette, but I haven't driven it since I got the seats haha. They are comfortable though; I might drive the car in a month or so. It's not in running conditions right just yet.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:16 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 388 Posts

I agree that they are great seats. I did an all day drive last weekend and the seats were perfectly comfortable.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:54 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
I agree that they are great seats. I did an all day drive last weekend and the seats were perfectly comfortable.
I've done 8 hour trips in them and they are great!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Any regrets to losing the stock sports ?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,572 Likes on 14,123 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The new seats look very good in your car. As for the stock seats, I think it would be a great idea to make a couple of office chairs out of them.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 AM
t100driver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by no vet yet
Thanks!

Just to add incase someone else who is installing these stumbles across this thread, if you have a power telescopic steering wheel and the memory option, you will need to leave the power seat module plugged in and under the new seats. If you don't the telescopic wheel will not work.

Also, when I was doing research, everyone mentioned putting the driver's seat on the passenger side and vice versa but it was never super clear about the brackets. So here you go: driver's side bracket gets mounted to the passenger seat and mounted on the driver's side of the car and vice versa. It's somewhat obvious when you are doing the install but hopefully this will save someone some time.

Oh yeah...I forgot to thank $$$frumnuttin (sp) for the brackets. That guy is a class act.

I am just going to get one A4 for now, so I should order a passenger side seat and brackets for the driverside? How did you leave the module plugged in isn't it apart of the seat?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 717 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
no vet yet
Instructor

Originally Posted by BACNBLK
Those look great, assume exit/entry is not to impaired?

Also I read a few posts that say refurbishing existing C5 seats is better, not sure why?

Not really a fan of the support of the stocks, so for the price of new A4 you get better support and brand new seats, sounds like a no brainer, any drawbacks to consider?
Exit/entry IS slightly more difficult but not annoying. If I was dead set on keeping a factory look I suppose doing a refurb on the stockers would've been a better option. From what I've seen it's a more expensive route for covers and foam. Especially if you have someone else do it.

Originally Posted by BACNBLK
Any regrets to losing the stock sports ?
Um...not really. I probably should've ordered the shaved bracket. The new seats/brackets sit slightly higher than the stock ones adjusted as low as they go. I'm 6' and I find myself ducking to look up at the traffic lights now. Also, some of my "bigger" passengers didn't like the seats at all. They are definitely snug.

I still really like them but there are some small drawbacks.

Originally Posted by t100driver
I am just going to get one A4 for now, so I should order a passenger side seat and brackets for the driverside? How did you leave the module plugged in isn't it apart of the seat?
I would verify with whoever you are ordering them from. I used the passenger seat and driver's bracket on the driver's side. The module can be removed somewhat easily from the bottom of the driver's side seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Corbeau A4 thread....

Quick Reply: Another Corbeau A4 thread....