Sponsored by:

Corvettes of Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sfc rick
They are short handed in the shop as well, I couldn't get a tune cause they are down to 2 guys back there and weeks before I could get a tune......no thanks. It's a shame....but I used to like the place, maybe have to wait a while before things get lined out.

I mean think about it? You have a prime location, and a very well known brand, and a facility to handle the work and you can't manage to make it in Houston, TX?

That's a recipe for unqualified SUCCESS! YET.............?
Sure would seem that way. If you can't make that business work in Houston, TX then they either stink or people in the business in other parts of the country should be very concerned.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
Sure would seem that way. If you can't make that business work in Houston, TX then they either stink or people in the business in other parts of the country should be very concerned.
It's pretty amazing if you had the chance to take control of that location. You got a sign that says "Corvette" in it's title, large plate glass frontage and parking showing Corvettes in the lot and showroom. The ability to hire a full service department with management and technicians dedicated to work on nothing but Corvettes. Then provide the best customer service in the parts, service, and sales areas.

Pretty basic things any successful businessman does everyday.

Yet.......... They have to turn work away cause they are understaffed, troubled customers have concerns that worry them.....

I don't know anything cause I'm not there and don't know the plans of the new owners. BUT, there should be a BIG Party with ballons and cook out for the customers and employees to kick start the greatest business model at that location. Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate and offer the best cars and greatest service EVER!!!!

Last edited by sfc rick; 07-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 AM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by sfc rick
It's pretty amazing if you had the chance to take control of that location. You got a sign that says "Corvette" in it's title, large plate glass frontage and parking showing Corvettes in the lot and showroom. The ability to hire a full service department with management and technicians dedicated to work on nothing but Corvettes. Then provide the best customer service in the parts, service, and sales areas.

Pretty basic things any successful businessman does everyday.

Yet.......... They have to turn work away cause they are understaffed, troubled customers have concerns that worry them.....

I don't know anything cause I'm not there and don't know the plans of the new owners. BUT, there should be a BIG Party with ballons and cook out for the customers and employees to kick start the greatest business model at that location. Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate and offer the best cars and greatest service EVER!!!!

They also built a paint/body shop to get more business,Richey Collision ended up correcting some of their work. When the new owner came in,they kept David (PO) for awhile,then let him go. Victor does a good job (mechanic),Chris T. (did a little of everything at different times) was great to deal with,but the rest seem just CLUELESS about customer service . L8R ZFLASH
Old 07-28-2013, 12:14 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Sad to hear of a well know and respected business take a dive like this. Makes no sense.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

I've heard nothing but good things about them. You should be fine Mike.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
I've heard nothing but good things about them. You should be fine Mike.
Really great

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-s...catch-can.html
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Shipping was very fast. if they are going down hill they don't seem to be quite there yet. Packaged arrived in a timely fashon and all looks well.

Question though on CLBs, I installed it and turned the ignition on, still got pull key wait 10 seconds. I did so, then it was fine. I took it for a drive just to be sure. my understanding is the CLB is a 2 state device, the BCM says column lock and the CLB moves to the state where it tells the BCM the column is locked. BCM says column unlock and the CLB does that. does it sound normal that maybe they were out of sync at first thus causing the message just that one time? hopefully I never see it again.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM
sssmokn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope wouldn't order from them again !

Quick Reply: Corvettes of Houston