Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Drewster67
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default TurnKey Engine Supply - Oceanside

Im looking at the LS6 long block -

http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/l...lock-assembly/

Does anyone have any experience with this vendor/engine supplier?

Thanks in advance!

Drew
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't purchased from them but I would want a bit more information about the engine, build process, cam specs, head #, and warranty. I'd expect a bit more compression ratio if they were building these up from scratch. Most NA builders are shooting for 11.1 to 11.5.

I did research BluePrint engines a while back and decided to go with a different vendor and on customer reviews.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Drewster67
Racer

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002
I haven't purchased from them but I would want a bit more information about the engine, build process, cam specs, head #, and warranty. I'd expect a bit more compression ratio if they were building these up from scratch. Most NA builders are shooting for 11.1 to 11.5.

I did research BluePrint engines a while back and decided to go with a different vendor and on customer reviews.
Thanks for the reply - I called and spoke to Kolby today and he assured me that he can do the LS6 LB but will need a week or so to build it - no core charge - 150.00 for shipping - no sales tax being I'm out of state. Engine is 100% to spec using 100% new parts and should require no flash on the ECU - direct replacement.

I also found a nice write up on his shop and turnkey engine supply was featured on a network Off Road - show. 10yrs in the business

What I did forget was to ask about the warranty -
Old 03-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewster67
Thanks for the reply - I called and spoke to Kolby today and he assured me that he can do the LS6 LB but will need a week or so to build it - no core charge - 150.00 for shipping - no sales tax being I'm out of state. Engine is 100% to spec using 100% new parts and should require no flash on the ECU - direct replacement.

I also found a nice write up on his shop and turnkey engine supply was featured on a network Off Road - show. 10yrs in the business

What I did forget was to ask about the warranty -
When you do call them back about the warranty info also inquire about the brand names for the parts they are installing for the bearings, crank, rods etc. Also, if it doesn't come with the engine, be sure to run a high quality break in oil for ~400 miles.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Drewster67
Racer

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002
When you do call them back about the warranty info also inquire about the brand names for the parts they are installing for the bearings, crank, rods etc. Also, if it doesn't come with the engine, be sure to run a high quality break in oil for ~400 miles.

Sounds good and thank you for the direction! Much appreciated

Get notified of new replies

To TurnKey Engine Supply - Oceanside

Quick Reply: [Z06] TurnKey Engine Supply - Oceanside