Sponsored by:

Advice new seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:12 PM
hammer120
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice new seats

I own a 1999 and would like to purchase new seats.My back hurts everytime I drive the car. That is one reason. My second reason I think the bushing? at the back of the track may be broken.

If I am going to fix the track and was thinking I may as well just get new seats (whole assembly including the tracks) at the same time so I can wake up in the morning without my back hurting. Is this possible?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 PM
chad3113
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hammer120
I own a 1999 and would like to purchase new seats.My back hurts everytime I drive the car. That is one reason. My second reason I think the bushing? at the back of the track may be broken.

If I am going to fix the track and was thinking I may as well just get new seats (whole assembly including the tracks) at the same time so I can wake up in the morning without my back hurting. Is this possible?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you
What's your budget?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 PM
GySgt1811
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hammer120,

I had the same problem with my '99 coupe. Tracks broke, bolsters shot, plastic control panels pulled away from the seat mountings, and, last but not least, the bladders were all shot.

I sweated over whether to rebuild them or go with an aftermarket seat that MIGHT fit, and, would take lots of modification to install...plus loose all the adjustability of the sport seat setup.

I finally located a complete sport seat and track setup, driver and passenger, and in black to match the original, on ebay. They looked good, they were from a Corvette salvage shop with a good feedback...so I took a chance. They were shipped in 3 days...I had to pick up at the freight terminal 'cause I live in the boonies, ...and one afternoon, 10 bolts and 3 electrical plugs later I had darn near new seats and every thing works. And these look brand new.

I lucked out, but the point is, they're out there if you're patient. Price? I had saved up $3k to rebuild and recover the original seats. I got these - shipped - for under $1.7K. The money I saved turned into a new set of Borla S-II's.

I would recommend patiently trying to find a late C5 seat package - with everything working - and go that route. It worked for me.

Anyhow, best of luck and use a small pillow behind your back 'til you find your best solution.

Gunny John
Old 04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
hammer120
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GySgt1811
Hammer120,

I had the same problem with my '99 coupe. Tracks broke, bolsters shot, plastic control panels pulled away from the seat mountings, and, last but not least, the bladders were all shot.

I sweated over whether to rebuild them or go with an aftermarket seat that MIGHT fit, and, would take lots of modification to install...plus loose all the adjustability of the sport seat setup.

I finally located a complete sport seat and track setup, driver and passenger, and in black to match the original, on ebay. They looked good, they were from a Corvette salvage shop with a good feedback...so I took a chance. They were shipped in 3 days...I had to pick up at the freight terminal 'cause I live in the boonies, ...and one afternoon, 10 bolts and 3 electrical plugs later I had darn near new seats and every thing works. And these look brand new.

I lucked out, but the point is, they're out there if you're patient. Price? I had saved up $3k to rebuild and recover the original seats. I got these - shipped - for under $1.7K. The money I saved turned into a new set of Borla S-II's.

I would recommend patiently trying to find a late C5 seat package - with everything working - and go that route. It worked for me.

Anyhow, best of luck and use a small pillow behind your back 'til you find your best solution.

Gunny John
okay that is great advice
i will shop around and try to be patient
thank you for taking time to respond

Get notified of new replies

To Advice new seats

Quick Reply: Advice new seats