Sponsored by:

Is it time to sell my Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Mr. Corvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it time to sell my Vette?

I don't drive my Vette as much as I thought I would... Working 5 days a week she sits in the garage under a cover most of the time... I used to take her to work a few times a week but lately I have noticed Im just driving my DD, primary because driving a manual in rush hour traffic for an hour plus everyday is just not fun especially after a 9hour day. On the weekends I noticed I haven't been taking her out as much as I used too, I find my self riding my motorcycle on the weekends for the Sunday cruse more often now then taking the c5 out for a spin. Have I lost my Vette fever? Is it time too pass her on to another C5 fan? Is it time to sell the Vette?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:36 PM
The_Gray_Ghost
Instructor

Here's what you need to do:

Make yourself take the car for a drive on a weekend. A long drive, at least an hour or so.

Come back home, get out, and then ask yourself, "Would I miss this feeling?"

If your answer is yes, then don't sell it. If it is no, sell it.

Coming to a C5 from an '03 Cobra, I wasn't sure I made the right decision. And sometimes when I'm just thinking about the car, I'm still not sure. But then I get in and go for a drive.

Yep. I made a good call. And I think you'll find you don't really want to sell yours either.

Either way, good luck!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

The only two cars that I own have the "z06" badge on the fenders.

Quit being such a baby and get some leg exercise in.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf8218
The only two cars that I own have the "z06" badge on the fenders.

Quit being such a baby and get some leg exercise in.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Mr. Corvette
I don't drive my Vette as much as I thought I would... Working 5 days a week she sits in the garage under a cover most of the time... I used to take her to work a few times a week but lately I have noticed Im just driving my DD, primary because driving a manual in rush hour traffic for an hour plus everyday is just not fun especially after a 9hour day. On the weekends I noticed I haven't been taking her out as much as I used too, I find my self riding my motorcycle on the weekends for the Sunday cruse more often now then taking the c5 out for a spin. Have I lost my Vette fever? Is it time too pass her on to another C5 fan? Is it time to sell the Vette?

Not trying to be mean, But if you have to ask this question you are not a Vette lover. To ask other members if you should sell your car is wrong, Only you know the answer to that question.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Nothing beats a long drive through the hills. For me it's tough now because the car has become more DD than toy since I now have the boat as well as the bike. I should be DD'ing the bike in this weather, but my car is so damn fun to drive.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 717 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Not trying to be mean, But if you have to ask this question you are not a Vette lover. To ask other members if you should sell your car is wrong, Only you know the answer to that question.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:27 PM
6 Shooter
Melting Slicks

Received 1,215 Likes on 685 Posts

Default Yep, ur fevers gone, let her go...

Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I am a single father have my son more than half the time, full time job , have some type of practice every day for my son. Games on Saturday and I work Sunday.. You know what I still drive the **** outta my car. not to sound mean but if you say you don't have time to drive then the reality is you are not into the car anymore. There is a Walmart next to my house yet I drive to the one 45 minutes away need to go to the post office down the street? yup I go across town...See my point I love driving my vette I mean ****ing love it. Ill drive to the mailbox 50 yards away I don't care I wanna here that bitch say my name as the Procharger whines for more.. It sounds like you lost the passion let someone else live the dream and enjoy the car. Having it locked up covered in a garage is really sad. Reminds me of people who have dogs and have them on a chain locked in the backyard. They aren't dog lovers they just wanted a dog...Time to let a new owner take over my friend. Even you posting about it should seal the deal for you in letting it go. I would never in a million years sell my car my son may get it when he's older but that's a big MAYBE and if I do there will be another vette in the garage next to his.

Last edited by Chicago1; 07-29-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Oh 2 Fun
Le Mans Master

Received 559 Likes on 238 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '13, '15

Out of sight....out of mind.

Remove car from garage

Remove obstructing cover

Drive it to work once/twice a week despite the manual trans

If you still can't feel the greatness.....sell it.

I absolutely MISS driving mine when I'm not in it.

Let us know how it goes.

I think if you see it sitting in the driveway....it'll compel you to drive and admire it.

Last edited by Oh 2 Fun; 07-29-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:52 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 828 Likes on 461 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Vettes have to be in your blood to enjoy them. I have made the decision to get rid of mine twice before, a 97 and a 02, since" I don't get to drive them much".

I always find myself buying another one in less than a year later.
Just picked up a 2002 a few days ago. Apparently I can't live without them.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Good answers from everybody. Glad i'm not the only crazy one on this forum who feels that way about the car. I don't drive my car to work nor to run errands only because it's a bit inconvenient since the roads nearby aren't the greatest. Most of the time i also have my family with me going to places. Only time i do get to drive it is when going to an event or a show etc.

Honest that the night before i can't sleep because i'm so excited i'll get the drive my car the next day for whatever reason is going on.

I think you should sell it and let somebody else take over....

Last edited by Maxx_Z06; 07-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:06 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Max, i think we live in the same city. I'll show you how to daily drive a vette

"This vehicle makes wide inclined turns"

I think I squished an ant with my sway bar on the way to work.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Mr. Corvette
Advanced

Thanks for the reply's guys, I need to do some serious thinking and I need to go on a date with my car tonight when I get home from work. Maybe Ill take her across town tonight to the liquor store on the other side of town maybe they have a new craft beer!?!?!?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Originally Posted by wolf8218

"This vehicle makes wide inclined turns"

I think I squished an ant with my sway bar on the way to work.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:49 PM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 139 Posts

Sell it. You weren't a car guy to begin with.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Is your car stock? A stock corvette is a bit of a snooze fest IMO..Maybe add some mods like headers or something. I remember when I added headers with my exhaust I wanted to take everyone everywhere.. then I added a blower and I don't want to take anyone anymore because I love the way the cars sounds and don't want to yap while listening to that blower/cam and bov doing it's thing....

How can you let something like this just sit??

Get notified of new replies

To Is it time to sell my Vette?

Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Mr. Corvette
Advanced

Originally Posted by norcalace
Sell it. You weren't a car guy to begin with.
Idk why you say this you dont know me or my past just saying... i have always been a gear head
Old 07-29-2014, 03:02 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm at the same point with my bike. Only, I've had my bike for 15 years. My last ride was back in March when I rode it to bike week, about 2k miles for the 7 days. Hasn't been out of the garage since. I don't sell many vehicles but if someone came up today and really wanted it, I suspect it would be gone.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:03 PM
turbolvr321
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I daily my Harley, but I would love to drive my Z06 every day.

I got rid of my 02 and got a 13 Camaro. Hit 500+ N/A. Still wasnt happy. It sounded nasty, looked great, and rolled out pretty hard. It just wasnt a Vette.

I ended up driving a C6 Z06 my buddy owns. That got me back to being hooked. Test drove a C4 ZR1, finally settled on a C5 Z06. I was 12 when the 01 Z06 came out. It was the poster on my wall.

Now I own one. My dream car. The car I raced non stop on Gran Turismo 3 A Spec. Got into a 02 Z06, Intake, longtubes, and full exhaust. Wouldnt trade it for the world.

I hardly put 10k miles a year on any car I own (my 13 Camaro after a year and a half only had 10k miles), just because I use my Harley as my daily. But if something has to go, its gonna be the bike.

When I say daily my Harley, I mean it. Rain. Shine. Cold. Hot. Doesnt matter. The only excuse I ever use not to ride it is because Id rather be in the Z06.

Quick Reply: Is it time to sell my Vette?