Sponsored by:

New to corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
/steven.vanderlinden
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to corvettes

I recently purchased a 2004 Corvette. Drove it home with no problems. With snow on the ground I didn't drive it but did start it up a few times, again no problems. It sat for a couple weeks and the battery died. Replaced it with a Duracell gold with 800 cranking amps. Car started just fine but as soon as I shut the hood the horn went off and would not stop. Shut it off and horn continues to sound off. HELP please.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:23 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The computer and memory function in these cars is constantly running. If you are going to let the car just sit for a couple of weeks then you should put the battery on a trickle charge.

As for your current problem, disconnect the battery for about ten minutes and then reconnect. Hopefully, the system will reboot and everything will be back to normal.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Sounds like you need a battery tender. (No pun intended) Santa brought me the CTEK 3300 and it works great on my 04. As far as the horn - can't help you. Bill Curlee, dadaroo or 8VETTE7 are the electrical wizards on the CF - they will likely jump in .

Get notified of new replies

To New to corvettes

Quick Reply: New to corvettes