Sponsored by:

How 'Bout Them Round LED Taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
vpshockwave
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEH03Vette
Thanks for the response. That's what mine was doing, hyperflashing on the left side but okay on the right with the engine running. With the engine not running both sides are hyperflashing. I will contact JWMotoring and see about getting the harness.
Yep -- mine was the exact same way. Good luck on the harness.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:27 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by vpshockwave
I had the same issue. In my case, one side hyperflashed, the other did not. The hyperflash harness will fix it. To be honest I have constantly had issues with the harness I received from Radioflyer though. Something inside the harness was loose so I would get sporadic sticking of my turn signals, on and off. I would have to hit the bottom of my dash to jar it, but eventually I got tired of it so I ripped it open and fixed the loose connection myself. I don't know how long it will last though...

My two cents. Either way -- it's an easy fix. If you ordered the headlights and they were advertised as working without a hyperflash harness I would advise going to the distributor and asking for a harness shipped to you free of charge. The lights should work as advertised.
Depending on you order date, you may still be covered under warranty. If not, it's possible there may be an issue with the flasher component. A replacement 3-prong LED flasher can be picked up from most auto parts stores to replace the faulty one if you're in a hurry to fix it.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:47 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by Choreo
Definite improvement...

Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Love mine...
Old 07-03-2015, 03:49 PM
vpshockwave
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theradioflyer
Depending on you order date, you may still be covered under warranty. If not, it's possible there may be an issue with the flasher component. A replacement 3-prong LED flasher can be picked up from most auto parts stores to replace the faulty one if you're in a hurry to fix it.
Thanks George. I didn't bring the issue up to you because each time it began happening I was usually able to fix it for months at a time by simply knocking the little flasher black box thing around. Something was obviously loose. It wasn't until maybe 4 months ago that the issue wouldn't go away. I opened the box up and realized that when I bent the board a little the problem would go away. I tried to figure out exactly where loose connection was but nothing was obvious. I ended up wedging a piece of cardboard in it to keep it bent and working and I haven't had any issues since. If it stops working again (possible) I may end up grabbing one local. Can you tell me the exact part I would need (the little three prong box)?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:40 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

smoked out Halo's are the only way to go...
Old 07-03-2015, 08:52 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,888 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
Add the sequencers and you'll love them even more.
I have to totally agree with you on this. I bought my halo LED's from JWMotoring and then I sent those off to RadioFlyer for his sequencing mod. I get lots of compliments and people want to know where I got them. I love the look of the lightly tinted halo tail lights.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:55 AM
sparcnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the LED lights, however I have been told there is not a set for my car, which has European rears.
If this is not correct, and they are available, I'd like to know where to get them from and if it's just a straight swap?

Regards
Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 PM
JEH03Vette
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Just got my halo led tails installed. What a huge upgrade over the stock units. Big thanks to George at Radioflyer for getting me the hyperflash relay. Now I'm ready for some clears on the front with some switchbacks.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I like them. I plan on picking them up some day

Quick Reply: How 'Bout Them Round LED Taillights?